Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I just don't get putting clothes on dogs.

2»

Comments

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:
    Mine wears a collar

Love the Dobbies. They are usually nothing but big babies. That's a cool collar.

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@allyw said:
    We put neoprene vests on our retrievers sometimes while duck hunting. The vests have extra flotation and keep em warm...

Well now I have to backtrack. I did buy a camo neoprene vest for my dog, and a hunter orange chest protector for my bird dog to protect from stubble and briars. I also made cordura booties to protect her feet when running her in areas with cockleburrs and wheat stubble. So my rule is revised: It's okay for a guy to buy clothes for his dog if the purpose is for hunting or some other "toxic" manly activity. A man buying his dog a sweater, scarf, or something of that ilk is still very questionable behavior.

What about Uga?

https://goo.gl/images/nq2naZ

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@Dawg1419 said:
    Mine wears a collar

Love the Dobbies. They are usually nothing but big babies. That's a cool collar.

A lot of folks don’t realize that most dp’s you see have had their ears and tails done

edited January 2019

@MIghtydawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@allyw said:
    We put neoprene vests on our retrievers sometimes while duck hunting. The vests have extra flotation and keep em warm...

Well now I have to backtrack. I did buy a camo neoprene vest for my dog, and a hunter orange chest protector for my bird dog to protect from stubble and briars. I also made cordura booties to protect her feet when running her in areas with cockleburrs and wheat stubble. So my rule is revised: It's okay for a guy to buy clothes for his dog if the purpose is for hunting or some other "toxic" manly activity. A man buying his dog a sweater, scarf, or something of that ilk is still very questionable behavior.

What about Uga?

Seiler's wife sewed a G on a red tshirt for the first Uga, so in that respect Mr. Seiler in the clear and gets to keep his "man card". Plus, the Uga line has probably put a few dollars in his pocket over the years, so in that respect it's sort of like dressing up a circus m.onkey

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@MIghtydawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@allyw said:

What about Uga?

Seiler's wife sewed a G on a red tshirt for the first Uga, so in that respect Mr. Seiler in the clear and gets to keep his "man card". Plus, the Uga line has probably put a few dollars in his pocket over the years, so in that respect it's sort of like dressing up a circus m.onkey

Don't you find it a bit ironic (or more accurately moronic) that there is a post on a UGA message board criticizing putting any type of clothing on a dog when our beloved mascot wears a jersey?

@MIghtydawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MIghtydawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@allyw said:

What about Uga?

Don't you find it a bit ironic (or more accurately moronic) that there is a post on a UGA message board criticizing putting any type of clothing on a dog when our beloved mascot wears a jersey?

I get your point. To be clear, I never said clothing shouldn't be put on a dog. I said a man shouldn't be the one buying said clothing. Dressing up your dog is a bit like playing with barbies.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MAYBE this will clear things up about UGA. He ain't a dog, he's a dawg. Can wear and do what he wantsta. Jmo

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I see a dog dressed in an outfit that makes someone say, "He's so cute!!!" I wonder how the dog deals with the humiliation of it. My wife been dressin' me for 30 years and I'm still looking for a little dignity.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big difference in Sat Dawg jersey and cutsie sweaters and such.