Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Natonal Opposite Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Today is National Opposite Day. This is a day where you can say the opposite of what you really mean. Simple things like saying good night when you meet someone in the morning is a example. If you are more adventuresome you could say "that was the worst meal you've ever cooked to your loving spouse" or for the really adventuresome try "Go Gators" or "It's great to be a Florida Gator" or "Butch Jones for the Nobel Prize".

It's also National Irish Coffee Day. Interesting (maybe) factoid - I've only had 2 cups of coffee in my life - both Irish Coffee. I had them while playing music with friends on the porch of Turkish Spyro Gyro restaurant shortly after I moved to Carrollton, GA in 1981.

In a cruel twist of fate it is also National Florida Day, where one can celebrate the many wonderful aspects of our 27th state. I'll let you decide if you want to learn more about FL...it's just too hard for me to do it, even though it's the exact opposite of what I really want to do.

Comments

• SouthGA_DawgSouthGA_Dawg Posts: 227 ✭✭✭ Junior

Florida has a better secondary room

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SouthGA_Dawg said:
    Florida has a better secondary room

I think you killed two birds with one stone!! Nice.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gainesville is the most wholesome city in Florida.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    Today is National Opposite Day. This is a day where you can say the opposite of what you really mean. Simple things like saying good night when you meet someone in the morning is a example. If you are more adventuresome you could say "that was the worst meal you've ever cooked to your loving spouse" or for the really adventuresome try "Go Gators" or "It's great to be a Florida Gator" or "Butch Jones for the Nobel Prize".

It's also National Irish Coffee Day. Interesting (maybe) factoid - I've only had 2 cups of coffee in my life - both Irish Coffee. I had them while playing music with friends on the porch of Turkish Spyro Gyro restaurant shortly after I moved to Carrollton, GA in 1981.

In a cruel twist of fate it is also National Florida Day, where one can celebrate the many wonderful aspects of our 27th state. I'll let you decide if you want to learn more about FL...it's just too hard for me to do it, even though it's the exact opposite of what I really want to do.

You do a terrible job of doing the "National Day" day.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@TNDawg71 said:

@donm said:

You do a terrible job of doing the "National Day" day.

I see what you did there...... and CKS was a terrible hire....