Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Call For A Better Board

2»

Comments

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While I sometimes get tired of repeated threads, I find it difficult to judge each one by the title alone. Read the OP and you might find the point of discussion is different from others. Most duplicated threads will die of neglect eventually as people settle in on one. When we try to self police we end up contributing to the frustration of scrolling past another post that is not relevant to everyone. It is a noble attempt to clean things up, but it actually makes them more cluttered.

The answer to the problem is a good moderator who can simply combine or delete duplicates. There have been really good threads but often they are buried by junk that a moderator would clean up. My policy now is to just ignore duplicate threads and click on more promising ones.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who cares if we have two threads on the same topic? When did this become about efficiency?

• rocco4UGArocco4UGA Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Well, if we give a Mod one power to do something, I would choose the power of merging threads.....

What ever happened to @SavageDawg17 ? I believe he was the Mod that used to merge/delete duplicate threads.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b Yeah, I started a post asking if anyone knew anything about Sevaughn Clark. I only got one response that was there was multiple posts about that already. I had also searched for posts about him and couldn't find any. When I asked to be shown where they were I was given a link to a post that had over 104 pages! I read the page I was linked to, but nothing there about Clark. He did tell me he was a POV which is the only thing other than he is a Running Back that I know about him. I too wish there was a way to search accurately for these posts. Typing his name in the search bar brought nothing.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Well, if we give a Mod one power to do something, I would choose the power of merging threads.....

I am all for that ghost bro

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@Dawgsauce said:
    @kelly_b Yeah, I started a post asking if anyone knew anything about Sevaughn Clark. I only got one response that was there was multiple posts about that already. I had also searched for posts about him and couldn't find any. When I asked to be shown where they were I was given a link to a post that had over 104 pages! I read the page I was linked to, but nothing there about Clark. He did tell me he was a POV which is the only thing other than he is a Running Back that I know about him. I too wish there was a way to search accurately for these posts. Typing his name in the search bar brought nothing.

I gave you the link. It leads to page 104 (when I do it - link says "latest" which should be the last page - page 104 now). On page 104 is a comment I made that has these links.

PWO:

https://247sports.com/Player/Sevaughn-Clark-46049687/

https://twitter.com/vnc3k

If you ask for help, you need to take initiative to use the help given. If you don't understand, then ask for more help.

As to the search function, it could be much better. But the best bet for general info on a recruit is to use a web browser like Google. Searching within the board as you note, may not yield anything, and certainly misses much - from experience.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you ask for help, you need to take initiative to use the help given. If you don't understand, then ask for more help.

As to the search function, it could be much better. But the best bet for general info on a recruit is to use a web browser like Google. Searching within the board as you note, may not yield anything, and certainly misses much - from experience.

Appreciate the help. I had actually searched Google before I created the Clark post and came up with same links you posted but I had missed in the other thread. I should have provided those links and then asked if anyone had any additional info on him. On this thread, I posted to back up what Kelly was saying that it is difficult to know if there are duplicate posts on a subject or not. In my case there was, but I wasn't going to look through every post to see if there was. That would take a very long time. Then you posted the link. I missed it. Thank you for providing the direct links.