Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA vs UF

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Mullen will have Better resources at his disposal at Florida than he did at MS state without a doubt, there is a lot of rebuilding that he has to do in order to build depth as well as get the behavior problems out the door going on down there.

Yes, anything can happen at the worlds largest cocktail party each and every year and in a rivalry game that big I will never count Florida as a “easy game”

I just don’t see Mullen being the lord and savior of Florida. I see Mullen as a Mark Richt type of coach/record each year. I could be wrong, but I would bet a chic fil a number 1 combo meal that Mullen won’t be Florida’s savior

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mullen wont be there for long.after UGA beat them again he'll be on the hot seat.UGA owns FLA

Fla haven't been a good program since URBAN lol

What big time school wanted him b4 Fla? Not one.but he's this great coach lol pls.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SECFan13 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    Mullen will have Better resources at his disposal at Florida than he did at MS state without a doubt, there is a lot of rebuilding that he has to do in order to build depth as well as get the behavior problems out the door going on down there.

Yes, anything can happen at the worlds largest cocktail party each and every year and in a rivalry game that big I will never count Florida as a “easy game”

I just don’t see Mullen being the lord and savior of Florida. I see Mullen as a Mark Richt type of coach/record each year. I could be wrong, but I would bet a chic fil a number 1 combo meal that Mullen won’t be Florida’s savior

Pharm-always good to discuss football with a reasonable and knowledgeable fan. You make excellent points about depth and culture at Florida. Mullen ran into both issues last year and the depth issue will be a problem again this year. I was not in the camp that wanted to hire Mullen but he has proven me wrong. He actually makes adjustments as the game progresses which is something we did not see under Muschamp or McElwain.

Way too early to tell what Mullen's long term success will be at Florida but he is an upgrade from our two previous coaches.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate Florida as much as the next Georgia fan but I try to keep a level head when analyzing other programs

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@EricDawgs1 said:
    What big time school wanted him b4 Fla? Not one.but he's this great coach lol pls.

McElwain>Mullen

McElwain won the East his first two years at Florida.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SECFan13 said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@bhs11 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@bhs11 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    Kirby will be to Florida and Dan Mullen was Spurrier was to us.

Whistling through the graveyard me thinks. You keep forgetting that even with all that talent Kirby is your head coach.

Mullen has never won more than 10 regular season games in his 11 year career. Dan Mullen is 79-49 as a head coach. I seriously dont understand where all of his hype comes from.

You will

I doubt it.

Kirby vs. Mullen last 2 games.....

31-3
    36-17

Being out-scored 66-20 does little to reinforce the opinion.

Put Kirby at Miss St and Mullen at UGA and see what would happen. Mullen hasn't made special teams goofs like kirby did against Bama and LSU that cost his team games. Mullen has been a superior coach. Kirby is an elite recruiter, not so much head coach. Mullen is catching up on the recruiting trail. By next year they will be even there, Can kirby catch up as a head coach?

Mullen is a mediocre coach and recruiter. He will be on the hot seat when he loses to UGA again.bc they will not except him losing 3yrs in a row.Fromm will never lose to Fla
    Fla fans are just hanging on to the past like 10yrs ago lol

LOL-yeah, ok.

What has he won in 11yrs as a head coach?not a thing.fla 3rd best in the east

He was at Mississippi State-he won more there than any coach before him and now has the resources and access to talent he did not have there. Georgia is the king in the east right now but if you seriously think Mullen won't challenge them from here on out you really don't know football.

Actually he is second to Jackie Sherrill in wins (69 V 75). His record in SEC at MSST was 33-39. He did make history in 2016 by becoming the only SEC HC to win a bowl game and still finish with a losing record, 6-7. A 5-3 SEC record last year may prove to be his best season as UF HC.

Fla us back to being a 2nd rate program.they miss URBAN and Tebow 😂😂😂

• LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SECFan13 said:
    Way too early to tell what Mullen's long term success will be at Florida but he is an upgrade from our two previous coaches.

If I was a Florida fan, I would feel cautiously optimistic. The main issue is, will he recruit aggressively enough year over year to stay competitive, or does he actually believe they were better than UGA this year and they’re only 1-2 players away. I don’t have any of those concerns with Smart at the helm. With Smart it’s about in-game adjustments and getting the offensive side right.

@SECFan13 said:

@Denmen185 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@bhs11 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@bhs11 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

Whistling through the graveyard me thinks. You keep forgetting that even with all that talent Kirby is your head coach.

Mullen has never won more than 10 regular season games in his 11 year career. Dan Mullen is 79-49 as a head coach. I seriously dont understand where all of his hype comes from.

You will

I doubt it.

31-3
    36-17

Put Kirby at Miss St and Mullen at UGA and see what would happen. Mullen hasn't made special teams goofs like kirby did against Bama and LSU that cost his team games. Mullen has been a superior coach. Kirby is an elite recruiter, not so much head coach. Mullen is catching up on the recruiting trail. By next year they will be even there, Can kirby catch up as a head coach?

Mullen is a mediocre coach and recruiter. He will be on the hot seat when he loses to UGA again.bc they will not except him losing 3yrs in a row.Fromm will never lose to Fla

LOL-yeah, ok.

He was at Mississippi State-he won more there than any coach before him and now has the resources and access to talent he did not have there. Georgia is the king in the east right now but if you seriously think Mullen won't challenge them from here on out you really don't know football.

Actually he is second to Jackie Sherrill in wins (69 V 75). His record in SEC at MSST was 33-39. He did make history in 2016 by becoming the only SEC HC to win a bowl game and still finish with a losing record, 6-7. A 5-3 SEC record last year may prove to be his best season as UF HC.

You know in your heart of hearts that won't be the case :-)

Actually I am a "Facts matter" type of guy who uses analytics over emotion. UF's defense will get weaker as DM focuses on recruiting primarily for offense

UGA owns Fla. Deal with it.

@Denmen185 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@Denmen185 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@bhs11 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@bhs11 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

You will

I doubt it.

31-3
    36-17

LOL-yeah, ok.

You know in your heart of hearts that won't be the case :-)

Actually I am a "Facts matter" type of guy who uses analytics over emotion. UF's defense will get weaker as DM focuses on recruiting primarily for offense

In 2018 class 12 offense, 6 defense (4 safeties), 1 ath, 1 kicker.
    2019 class 14 offence, 9 defense

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SECFan13 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

Pharm-always good to discuss football with a reasonable and knowledgeable fan. You make excellent points about depth and culture at Florida. Mullen ran into both issues last year and the depth issue will be a problem again this year. I was not in the camp that wanted to hire Mullen but he has proven me wrong. He actually makes adjustments as the game progresses which is something we did not see under Muschamp or McElwain.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate Florida as much as the next Georgia fan but I try to keep a level head when analyzing other programs

And vice versa but I still love talking football with fans of all schools. Adults can do that without resorting to name calling.

I concur. I genuinely enjoy the banter with opposing fans, especially those who keep a level head and engage in substantial conversation, present company included. It is interesting to see the perspective of other fan bases and often insightful.

That said: Mullen ain't all that.