Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA vs UF

123457»

Comments

• loxahatcheedawgloxahatcheedawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mullen is a good coach and consistently performed better than his talent level at M. State and in his first year in Gainesville. That said, he didn't drastically out-perform the talent level. Until he consistently recruits on par with Smart, UGA will win most games in the series.

• bhs11bhs11 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@UnderDog68 said:

@bhs11 said:

I get that! I somewhat agree. He played pretty well the last 3.5 games. If he continues to improve he can run a dynamic offense. Oline is a bigger concern IMO.

My brother lives in Wakulla County and I went to a couple of games with him when Franks was playing in HS there. They ran the Auburn offense then, and Franks' skills would have been good for Auburn. During those games, he ran the ball well, but when he passed long, it was pretty much just throw a prayer up and hope Gavin...a 5-Star WR that signed with FSU...came down with it. More often than not, he did come down with it. That's probably why he got 5 stars, because he didn't have all that great a career at FSU.

On another note, are you still watching recruiting as closely as you did when you used to frequent the old UGA Scout board?

Good to have discussions with you. I remember Gavin. He was good. I don't have the same connections at UGA now. I was in the weightroom every day for a couple of years with Van Halanger (great man). I trained the sons of Van Gorder, Martinez and Jancik. Also Wallace (tennis). I worked UGA camps for a decade too. Good friends with Keith Gray as well.
    I am not close to UGA football or strength coaches now. I am close with several big boosters now though. One goes to a lot of BB practices and is close to Crean. I have really good strength contacts at UF, Miami and LSU now though. So I depend on these people for my info now.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@loxahatcheedawg said:
    Mullen is a good coach and consistently performed better than his talent level at M. State and in his first year in Gainesville. That said, he didn't drastically out-perform the talent level. Until he consistently recruits on par with Smart, UGA will win most games in the series.

The 247 Team Talent Composite for 2018 had Alabama #1 among SEC teams, UGA second then LSU, UF, Auburn in the top 5. To me that suggests that UF played below their talent level with the win over LSU being more than negated by the losses to UK and Mizz. At MSST his conference record was 33-39 which I don't see as particularly impressive

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@loxahatcheedawg said:

The 247 Team Talent Composite for 2018 had Alabama #1 among SEC teams, UGA second then LSU, UF, Auburn in the top 5. To me that suggests that UF played below their talent level with the win over LSU being more than negated by the losses to UK and Mizz. At MSST his conference record was 33-39 which I don't see as particularly impressive

Paltry record against top 25 teams, too.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nah their defense played well all season mostly.their probs came from the offense.

• loxahatcheedawgloxahatcheedawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Denmen185 said:

@loxahatcheedawg said:

If you ignore the post-season I'd agree with you.

At 4-4, Morehead is the only Miss St coach with a better conference record in the last 60 years.