Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Dog Biscuit Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Today is National Dog Biscuit Day. Most dog owners have some sort/brand of treat they give to their pets. I learned today that it's possible to make one's own dog biscuits. Here's a recipe you can try and I just know some of the more cullinary inclinded of you can take this recipe and run with it. Love to hear what you might come up with.

Ingredients

2 eggs

1 cup milk

1/2 cup water

1 teaspoon salt

10 tablespoons bacon fat, melted

5 cups whole wheat flour

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.

Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in milk, water, salt, and bacon fat until well blended. Gradually stir in flour to make a stiff dough. Pinch off pieces of the dough and roll into 2 inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on racks. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.

PS It's also National Banana Bread Day if you'd like to bake for yourself.

Comments

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That reminds me, I need to go give my buddy a treat!

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Banana bread is a favorite of mine. I'm not big on really sweet desserts.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a Banana NUT Bread guy. Always? walnuts. Don't feel guilty eating this. Prob my fav dessert/treat with coffee. Also like a lemon poppy seed muffin, but feel a little guilty due to too much sugar that they usually have.

OT: Know what is crap about internet recipes (searching the internet for a recipe)? It is the endless variations on a simple concept, that makes finding the genuine recipe so hard to find. Everyone feels they must tart up a time proven recipe for whatever phony purpose.

What should be common is someone gives the basic recipe, then adds, "For you soulless creeps that are not satisfied with the above, you may add 1/2 teaspoon of strychnine (whatever) for that special kick."