Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

G-Tech Recruiting Under Collins

Comments

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They'll improve and be a thorn, but they have been that recently as well. At least won't have to prepare differently.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't forget Tech had a streak against us awhile back.they can get players now that they aren't playing the awful option offense.they won't just steal players from those other teams,they'll steal from UGA too

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, couldn’t of said it better (I’ve tried in other threads and conversations though haha).

They may steal an occasional one every now and the. (Calvin Johnson) but as long as Kirby keeps the machine humming it won’t be enough to upset the balance in state a majority of the time.

Id rather Tech get the “B class” guys in GA than Scar, TN, KY etc.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Different times and different staffs. They may steal a player or two, but we’re recruiting at a different level right now. We recruit nationally. I just don’t see them stealing too many recruits we really want. They don’t have near the support on any level, and unless some player wants an engineering degree, i doubt they’ll truly steal even one recruit a year. Granted, they may get some 4 stars with a UGA offer, but it won’t be priority recruits.

Also, except for 4 years under Dooley (and because of Erk and Herschel) we’ve underachieved for basically forever, and especially since Atlanta’s population boom. I feel like this point is still undersold.

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see your point.....and I'm not saying that the kid isn't 'good'. Fortunately for us, that's about as good as Tech can hope for. Too bad for them that UGA and Clemson don't settle for good players....we get GREAT ones! 😉

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's funny. There was a two year period when I was in school that UGA beat Tech in every sport. Might have been 24-0. Something like that , I am working from memory.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Couldn't have said it any better brother lol. I despise everything related to that geek show! The way we're recruiting right now, they are years from even HINTING at being able to even COMPARE themselves to what we have to offer as a NATIONAL brand that is on a powerhouse level in the toughest conference in America. Why on earth something isn't done to make that conference better top to bottom baffles me. CU, VT, NCst, and SOMETIMES Miami are DECENT. Besides those annual "homecoming type games", who does CU play annually that is a top 17-20 ranked team or better for a WHOLE season?? Nothing but scrimmage games to pad wins, stats etc and then win 2 playoff games. THAT is what CU does, and why they are a success. Period. At least we get to play em in season in the future.

Yea I can just about see this one in my head already. Nostradamus said 90% chance he's a bug lol.

I can never hate any body of ppl more than UF. I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T STAND ANYTHING ABOUT EM. I own zero clothes with that blue color or orange lol. After them it's weird because for me it kind of differs annually. Weird I know. But USUALLY I hate Awbarn right below UF, then UTjr, GT, SCjr, CU, Bama, OSU, Michigan. Also really don't like LSU, Texas a&m, ole p1ss, Miami, FSU or OU.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Top bad guys are UF and AU. Use to be CU too back in the Danny Ford days. AU rivalry use to be intense but there was not as much disgusting about them. Now acting like little brother, recruiting our DL and WRs, and cheating makes it more so. Bama fans who identify their self esteem with something they have nothing to do with makes them competitive as being top bad guys.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

💯%. I grew up an Auburn fan, and Alabama has never given me a reason to stop hating them, but Florida is so far away from Tech it’s not even funny. Tech is just an annoyance.

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I despise Yech, but I’m cool with Collins trying to make them a bit better for a couple of reasons:

Mainly because demographics wise Tech was hemorrhaging whatever “fans” they still had. Between the apparent number of foreign students who could care less about football, the natural inclination of Tech students to prefer e-sports and D&D to sports, and Turkey Neck **** the life out of the few fans left, most of the joy of beating them and rubbing their noses in it had kinda left.

If Collins wants to give the nerds hope again then I’m all for it. Crushing the hopes of Nerd fans is the gift that keeps on giving for any Dawg fan who grew up in the Atlanta area. That’s probably why some of us hate Tech more than others. My best friend growing up’s dad was a muckety muck in the Yech admin and I have great memories of sitting in their seats at MR field at BDS watching the Dawgs truck the insects. The 51-7 beat down game was amazing because I watched it with mostly Dawg fans but a few Nerds thrown in.

From a practical standpoint I echo what others have said in that I’m willing to trade the possibility of a marginally better Tech team to avoid having to play and practice against the option in a lose/lose game every year. The ACC sucks so badly right now that they might even be able to boost our SOS which would be nice.

All that being said: To Hell With Georgia Tech!