Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Heading to Gulf Shores

corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any recommendations on some good restaurants I should hit up?

I know about Laberts and LuLu's. Just don't want to miss any good ones.

Comments

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Bahama Bobs and Flying Harpoon

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

try diamond Jim's and Ms. Donnas. If Jessica Outlaw is working, tell her Don Medeiros sent you. They may ban you from the place - lol.

• ArchDawg90ArchDawg90 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

We go there every other year and my family loves Shrimp Basket & Wolf Bay Lodge. Shrimp Basket is super cheap with the best shrimp slaw and Wolf Bay has some amazing Steaks and sushi. Enjoy your trip! We love Gulf Shores/Orange Beach.

• canon01mcanon01m Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

Florabama, no doubt. Dueling pianos on Thursday with the steamed royal red prawns.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man @donm, last time you closed the place down you REALLY closed it down! I knew 2 sisters whose last name was Outlaw. They sure did live up to it, good lookers too.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kind of sad to hear that. The original was in Livingston, Al when I coached at UWA. They used to host the weekly coaches' show and we'd often have one of their nice steaks and a piece of Ms. Donna's cake. Mighty good eatin'.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Never ate there but have a few friends who really liked their steaks and told me about it. They drove over several months ago to visit some kin and eat and found out they had closed up

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I went there many years ago right after getting married. Met my my dad a family that came from Dallas area. Was about half way for all of us. Dont remember where we ate other than Lamberts. Had never heard of them until then. Guess there still throwing rolls