Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How many of the final 8 did you have right ?

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have 5 still kicking, I have a possibility of having 3 of the final 4.

Duke

Gonzaga

Virginia

Texas Tech

Kentucky.

I have Duke. Gonzaga and Virginia in my final 4.

Comments

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have Duke MSU Gonzaga UVA left. My final 4 is Duke Gonzaga UT and UNC with Duke beating UNC for the title by 6.

• Options
    IwantMekhailIwantMekhail Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have 5 as well.

Duke

Michigan st

Gonzaga

Virginia

Purdue

i have Michigan state winning because I wanted to be different, if they beat duke I’m setting pretty in my bracket thimg

• Options
    ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

6 - Duke, Michigan St. Gonzaga, Virginia, Purdue, Kentucky.

I have Duke winning over Virginia in the finals. I also had No. Carolina & Michigan in the Final 4.

• Options

My misses were UNC, Maryland and Villanova. I have Virginia over Duke in the title game. My longest shot was Texas Tech, they only had a 10% chance of making the Elite 8.

• Options

Here's an interesting question IMO, based on what we've seen so far, if you had a do over, which team would you pick to win it all ?

I would go with Gonzaga, they've been very good in every game. I'm not copping out ( hippie dippy term) my pick is still Virginia, it's just something to consider.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Duke

Kentucky

Gonzaga

Virginia

Michigan St.

• Options
    ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2019

Little trivia on UVA, Coach Tony Bennett holds the NCAA Career 3 point percentage record at 49.7 percent. He had three good years in the NBA with Charlotte until a foot injury.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My son is heading to UVA in the fall. I'm a fan of Coach Bennett. Rooting for them to win the tournament.

• Options

Everybody knew the Zags would come up short. They always do. I just didn't see TT as the one to knock them off. Had Michigan or FSU in all of my brackets.

Chris Beard is the real deal.

18-14, 27-10, 29-6 in three seasons at TT.

Spent seven years as an assistant to Bobby Knight.

I can see him landing at UCLA.

Also, fun fact, he was born in Marietta, so we can claim him as one of our own.

• Options
    edited March 2019

AnotherDawg. That might be a bit of unconscious Saturday night QBing. Gonzaga had moved to the Vegas favorite to win it all in the past few days. Texas Tech came into their game playing about as well as anybody though. If you look at the 2 teams with the best balance to top defense and good offense, it's probably The Zags and Red Raiders.

I'm sticking with my original bracket though. Virginia is the will be champs till they ain't.

• Options

WC- If I hadn't picked against them in all of my brackets you might be right. The Zags are great, their coach is great, and they have been a top seed many times, but they always come up short. If you're of a certain age, you're never picking them for the Final Four, until they break through.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After watching Purdue the last couple games it wouldn't surprise me if they win it all.

• Options

I am not a fan of Purdue at all, but Cline is my favorite player of this year's tournament.

• Options

Purdue can’t miss tonight

• Options

No doubt. But it's still a fairly close game. If they can't separate, UVA will grind this out and find a way to win, same as they have all year.

• Options
    icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2019

NOT ENOUGH!!!! #nextyear #godawgs

• Options

Another, your post read ''everybody knew The Zags would come up short'' I'm not questioning your bracket, just that statement. Of course Duke and UNC have coaches who have won it all many times, so naturally they get a bit of a tie breaker in some minds. I don't see Gonzaga as being particularly pigeon holed though.

• Options

What a game heading to ot

• Options

IWM, great game for sure. Too bad Edwards won't be in The Final Four, he dang sure did his part.

• Options

I wonder if he goes pro. Junior, currently projects as a 2nd rounder. Tournament performance could improve his stock.