Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Best Hot Wings?

2»

Comments

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Petes and super hot are not two things that go together. Are you adding other hot sauces or spices to it?

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Much like BBQ (and steaks), the best wings are made at home on the smoker/grill, seasoned just the way you like em.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which is why i asked for the ones that are the best that aren’t grilled in your back yard

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen @SATX_DAWG. I cannot believe Three Dollar Cafe isn't getting more love on this thread. I thought they practically invented the buffalo chicken wing. The original location opened in 1983 and it's still the best. I haven't had wings anywhere in the world that were half as good.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

The restaurant I used to bartend at did some awesome smoked wings. Generous coating of the same rub we used on our butts and briskets and smoked then 2.5 hours. Pulled them out and let them sit until back down to room temp. When an order came in, either put them on the flat iron for a few minutes or into the deep fryer for about 30 seconds. Wing sauce on the side for dipping if wanted, but not on the wings.