Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BUBBA !. He's tied for low round so far and just 1 back of the leaders..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's -5 today, -10 for the tourney.

GO DAWG !

Comments

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ain’t gonna be enough. Tiger’s got this one. Can’t say I like it. He’s like the Yankees in baseball, Bama in college football, & the Patriots in the NFL. Everyone can be a fan of a winner. I just get tired of those in that position being shoved down my throat by the media. If Tiger does go on to win, we’ll have to watch him on every hole of every round he plays for the rest of the year, whether he’s leading or 20 strokes behind. I will for sure watch much less golf in the near future.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really? When is the last time he won a major? Hasn’t won the masters since ‘05. Tiger single handily changed the game of golf. Go sit back on the porch and yell at people. If you can’t appreciate this win even if you don’t like Tiger just don’t watch golf ever again.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If it wasn’t for Tiger there would be far less fans there probably wouldn’t be a third of the guys that are on tour playing right now.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Golf is better when Tiger is great.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can see Playhurt's side. The media jams their superstars down our throats too often. I dont like it. I've posted in the past I didnt like the Cowboys growing up, Gordan when dominating Nascar, Brady and NE now. I like sports for what it is and dont need anybody telling me how good someone is or for their sports. Typically pull for the underdog.

However, once the Dawgs become dominant, I'll be riding that train hanging off the front of the engine

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't necessarily agree that the game is better when Tiger is on top. Of course I recognize his greatness though. I think the game needed Spieth or Rory to be the next all timer, but neither seems to have the make up for the role.

To me Mickelson or Bubba winning would have been more fun.

Think purses showed Tigers influence WC, but that's of no concern to me. I dont get any money for watching. Lol

Money always does the talking

RPM. I get the argument about purses. I did some research on major sports a couple of years back though and all the top sports show a similar increase in earnings as golf has over the past 20 years.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I’ll take 10k to miss the cut this weekend or heck 22k for last.

edited April 2019

RPM. the total prize money for the 2019 Masters is 4.26 times more than in 1997.

The prize money for Wimbledon in 2019 is 4.45 times more than Wimbledon 1997.

That ratio is repeated closely in many sports over the same time period, all without Tiger.

Also talk is talk, facts are facts.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PlayHurt I get your frustration with the media. But I disagree with you about Tiger. A lot of hype, true. But no golfer can excite the crowd like Tiger. No one.

That part is not hype.

Would I love it if Bubba had won? For the third time? H e l l yeah!

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bumped for pwrsonal reasons

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TV viewership skyrockets when tiger is playing or relevant, in the long run more viewers is more money.