Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Are you coping with an in-law invasion?

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited April 2019 in Off Topic

My wife’s family has descended upon us yet again. They only announced they were coming on Monday, and did so without an invitation. It’s the MIL, SIL, 2 adult nieces, and the BIL who may as well be transgender. So Ive got a house full of women who control the tv and take up all of the seats

I sought out a room to be by myself for a bit and stretch out on the couch, only to be followed in by the whole gaggle of them. So I casually move back to the other tv room and soon they were all in there

How do you deal with it? I started talking politics, which only took about 5 minutes to clear the room.

If they come back then I’m going to open a can of flatulence on them.

I’ll probably have to go to the bar to watch G-Day. They are all Vols. Even if I can wrestle away control of the TV they will all be motormouthing the whole time.

Comments

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Flossing at the table is always a good signal.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There’s worse things to do than go to a bar on a Saturday and watch Georgia football. In fact, I’d like to have an excuse to go do that.

Best of luck though, family visits can be overwhelming at times to say the least.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The flatulence should take care of the problem. Make sure to make a big production of doing it then a loud sigh to signify complete relief.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I could do was laugh. I'm sorry for your pain. Cant believe you posted it. But again FAH

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Company is like fish. Good for about three days.

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bless your heart. I’d vote for going to the bar. Good luck.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was going to suggest walking around in your drawers. Can you get any support from your bride or does she enjoy the surprise visits? Why are they there? If it's for an event you could always call in a bomb threat or something! Just kidding DHS in case that trips your interweb monitor alarm. 😶 Talking about guns can work on some people or try saying "I already knew that" every time they say something. The bar sounds like your best alternative though unless they follow you there.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My mother in-law is not afraid to announce that she’s made a 4 hour drive the day of and that she has arrived....that’s the notice received

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m at my in-laws... 7 kids 13-3, 6 adults, 4 bedrooms...

no uga football...

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ya'll need gameday contracts with the families. Signed and notarized. If they break the contract they deserve every gross, disgusting, and embarrassing thing you do.

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin ... Thanks for letting us know things could be worse.

@Bankwalker ... I feel your pain. But, it's your wife's family. Help her enjoy the time she's got with them.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

You own quite a few pocketknives if I recall...any chance you can shank one to send a message?