Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The volunteers had no one drafted for the second time in 4 years

judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone remember how excited these guys were when butch had them a to pick 5 recruiting class that year by signing any 3 Star that’s would go there.

I have the feeling after Jeremy’s out in 3-4 years they’ll haven another year with no inebriate drafted they can blame on a new former coach

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this finding pleasure in another’s misfortune? Kind of fun.

• RotgutRotgut Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Does Jalen Hurd count? :)

• RotgutRotgut Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • DipDawgDipDawg Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Zero players drafted from Tennessee in a year where the SEC set the all time record for most players drafted from one conference (64) 😂 Yay creamsicles!!

• RSDawgRSDawg Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I despise Tennessee so much. It's like there's a big urnge hole right through the middle of me, and they can never **** enough to fill it.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is kind of crazy the bad mojo that Kiffin left on the program. I know they were in the cellar before that, but still. The Vols are a Vanderbilt team with a Georgia stadium.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Vols didn’t have a player drafted but Valdosta State did (to my Bears)! God it makes me so happy to rub it in the face of the few Vols fans I know.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

they also bring back more players than any other eastern school this upcoming season. TN will win 7-8 games this season with a possibility of 9

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When the Vols "Drafted" Jeremy Pruitt that was the beginning of the end of that draft dry spell at UT. Beware. 😂😂😂

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They should have some NFL success in the next two years. Especially next year with WRs Jennings and Callaway, Chandler at RB (CJC runs alot), and a few guys on a Pruitt led defense maybe. But man must **** to watch a draft and not see a bit of that Vol Orange.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They will not win 9 games next year. And then the small progress they have had in recruiting, will be gone with the wind.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was thrilled to not see any Vol orange. What a gross color it is

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, every SEC recruiter in the country is gonna have this on a big ol giant poster board for all of the recruits in Georgia to see. I told yall a while back, the Vols are circling the drain. When you have two pathetic seasons in a row, coming in dead last in the SEC both times, and last season, they finish with a resounding thud of a loss to mighty Vanderbilt, it tells something about the direction of the program. Pruitt is like Muschamp, he doesn't have the temperment for it...I can't even musture any optimism for them even out of pity's sake; the outlook is just putrid....team in shamble, program doomed.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Well, if you read Volnation, their fans are positive that Pruitt and Chaney are going to bring them back to the "promised land" and they will compete for SEC East title again soon. At which point, Bama will come after Pruitt as Saban's replacement when he retires. Pass that little jug around again boys and sing Rocky Flop all night long.....

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This just popped up on my Facebook feed tonight. It’s likely the next Vol to be drafted is young enough today to fit in to this.