Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Asking for prayers

bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t know if it’s made national news yet but there was a shooting here on UNC Charlotte’s campus today. 2 casualties and 3-4 injured.

If you want to talk politics and gun control fine but keep it civil and listen to both sides. But most importantly pray for those involved.

Comments

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that’s part of the problem, nobody can civilly talk about things. You’re the mod so I understand your position. But definitely thoughts and prayers.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was this the teacher that actually was the shooter?

No some 22 year old punk drop out. He was a history major before dropping out this semester according to reports.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Waiting on a pm, mods.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

hate to hear this crap. Thoughts go out to the families.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These homegrown terrorist r just awful. I thought it was supposed to be Islamic Jihad, Al Qaeda, and those folks that we were supposed to be wary of, not natural born American citizens for Christ sake!!! Man how naive I was. It's actually the innocent looking man down the street from u that u need to b wary of.

Still waiting on one of the other three to fess up.

@MeR3htid of course we are mostly going to have homegrown terrorists. First, you might recall the POTUS has a travel ban in place that was upheld by the Supreme Court. President Donald J Trump has been helping to keep you safe. Second, the random shootings are all the result of mental health issues. In my neighborhood, it’s not the innocent looking guy down the street you need to worry about. It’s the guy who lives on the other side of the interstate, who only visits to steal for a living.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Travel ban was also supposed to be temporary until they put their "extreme vetting" process in place. Guess they lied about that too

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh I see. When it's the innocent looking ALL AMERICAN kid down the street it's Mental Health, but if it's "THE OTHER GUY", there's something more sinister at play. 😎😎😎

edited May 2019

That’s right, and it’s not hard to understand the difference.

The people who have entered schools, movie theaters, etc were never operating for personal financial gain. They just do it because they are crazy.

“THE OTHER GUY” does it because he is a criminal willing to hurt others for personal gain.

One is potentially treatable and preventable without removing the rights of innocent people. The other you control by incarceration because it has been proven that no amount of community charity changes anything or prevents occurrence The cycles always repeat. One is a relatively recent phenomenon of sparsely scattered events. The other has been ongoing for decades on an hourly basis.

@YaleDawg There hasn’t been very much time passed, and maybe if the truly dishonest side hadn’t delayed and sued at every turn for politcal posturing then we would have an actual solution right now.

What a skewed statistic on animal attacks. I’m sure you would agree - the less animals allowed to roam, the less attacks to take place. Duh.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker it's been 833 days since trump took office. His admin claimed they only needed 120 days for implementing the vetting process. I don't think you know what skewed means. Those are actual numbers for animal and terrorist attacks. I see the point of the article went right over your head as well. Animal attacks are rare events but being killed by a foreign born terrorist is exceedingly rare. We take moderate and sensible actions to control animal attacks while we take extreme, ineffective, and costly actions against something that is objectively way less dangerous.

Can you please tell us who the other guy is?

You'll have to ask the guy who used the phrase, "THE OTHER GUY".

As for your article - It did not fly right over my head. I didn't even read it THIS time, but I've seen it previously and it is the logic of oxygen thievery celebrated by the low IQ progressive voter. What kind of ignoramous would compare the number of animal attacks over a time period to mass murdering islamofascists? The idea that the costs exceed the value of the lives lost is an interesting position for someone who espouses and supports the open borders/communist propaganda that the associated costs of illegal immigration are unimportant. Only in the liberal fantasy world. The idea is to KEEP attacks by foreign born terrorists well below those of animals. Yours is the logic used to trick the easily confused constituents of the likes of Maxine Waters, Pelosi, and Schumer. Linking up this article proves once again there are two types of intelligence. You should be ashamed, but it flew right over your head.

@Bankwalker you’d do better to argue with a sign post. Communism has failed everywhere in the world but for some reason liberals want it. The problem is there’s too many Americans itching to fight for our freedom and they know it.