Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Game

MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well that was fun. 12-1 when I turned in. Braves. It was an amazing inning, the 6th inning as I recall it. Three HR's, all of which were over 400 feet.

The farthest was Freddie's that hit the big Coors light sign. I don't remember one hit there before. There were 13 batters and the inning lasted 36 minutes!

I've been following the Braves since I was 13 years old, and I don't ever remember an inning like that. Freddie, Acuna, new kid, and that pitcher; Sorry, I don't know all the new players yet. It was beautiful!

Comments

• Options
    brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They sure are fun to watch when they're clicking like that. New kid Austin Riley is a STUD .

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

12-0 then the bullpen comes in and almost collapses, per usual.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good game, not as much fun as Soroka's pitching, but fun.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Braves front office: Kimbrell. Now. Please.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brady01 Austin Riley. Great looking rookie. The announcers said there was only a few Braves that ever had 6 hits in their first three games. If he reached seven, he would be the only player in history to do that.

As stated by some, the Braves are really good at not swinging at bad pitches. Acuna and Markakis come to mind. And I was impressed by Pitcher Max Fried's handling of the strike zone too. Ozzie not as much. He seems to swing at balls way out of the strike zone; or guesses too much. Nonetheless, I loved his bloop double and barely beating out that hit where the 2nd baseman tried to scoop the ball to the first baseman. Great hustle by Ozzie.