Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA fans on Social Media want a Blackout this weekend. Do you?

Eason4HeismanEason4Heisman Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited September 2017 in Off Topic

Biggest game in Athens this year

UGA fans on Social Media want a Blackout this weekend. Do you? 66 votes

Yes I want the Blackout vs. Missy St
50%
CaliforniaDawgamjadawgsdradcliffsuperblackeaglemattmd2CZCashvilleDawgTankonebad_dawg85JMFDTeddywillpruden3dtf53cliffhangerdawgAkonEason4Heismanrocco4UGAgeorgiaduck22SavannahDawg1dawgnation10 33 votes
No - Blackouts are fake juice
50%
SavageDawg17UGA_PaintLineBamaDawgBradDogHankczaxsbakdawgnmsBiggerBadDawgdawgbybirthPalm_City_Dawgbulldogguampa1icecolddawgSnoopDawgBobcatGradTdub0199josh31533georgiaboycf_ugamanHotDawgsAndMustardgodawgs 33 votes

Comments

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love the Blackouts and the 2007 Auburn game is still one of the coolest moments that I have had in Sanford. However, I do not think that this is the game for the Blackout. I would save it for later in the season against Kentucky.

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Save it for later in the season after we get our Offense gel working better. I fear the blackout puts pressure on the boys, they get all jittery and over hype the moment in a bad way. too early in the season for that. Need to treat this like a normal game and have focus. this is a big game, dont need to make it feel any bigger.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blackouts can also motivate the opponent by making them feel that we need something extra to beat them. OUR TEAM IS GOOD ENOUGH

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We aleady have the juice either way.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:
    I think the black jerseys are perfect for night games. Bring em out!

Plus, we have a .750 winning percentage in black jerseys which is much higher than when we wear red.

In a "Head to Head" Match Up, Fromm and the Red Jerseys beat Eason and the Black Jerseys on G-Day!

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was there for the Auburn black jersey
    and the Alabama black jersey. The Alabama experience lingers becuase it was last. The Auburn black jersey was a suprise.

• HotDawgsAndMustardHotDawgsAndMustard Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Pigeons said:

Plus, we have a .750 winning percentage in black jerseys which is much higher than when we wear red.

That is the most valid point in all of this. The odds are in our favor wearing black.

@HotDawgsAndMustard said:

@Pigeons said:

That is the most valid point in all of this. The odds are in our favor wearing black.

Really. How many times have we worn black jerseys and what games?

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:

We have won 73.77% in the red* jerseys since 2007.

*this does not include the red Power Ranger uniforms worn against Boise St. in 2011.

• HotDawgsAndMustardHotDawgsAndMustard Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Denmen185 said:

@Pigeons said:

How should I know? Go talk to @Pigeons

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@Pigeons said:

Auburn 2007, Hawaii 2008 (Sugar Bowl), Bama 2008, Louisiana–Lafayette 2016

edited September 2017

@Denmen185 said:

@Pigeons said:

How should I know? Go talk to @Pigeons

They have been worn 4 times 2007/8 versus Auburn and Hawaii (both wins) then again in 2008 which was a humiliating defeat by Alabama. The fourth time was Last year versus La-Lafayette. This is hardly worth saying that 75% beating 74% gives us a better chance. That's all - not statistically relevant.

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@Denmen185 said:

@Pigeons said:

Auburn 2007, Hawaii 2008 (Sugar Bowl), Bama 2008, Louisiana–Lafayette 2016

Sorry Joel I knew the answer. It was 67% before the game last year. We have beaten Auburn and lost to Alabama since then so just saying the color of the jerseys are not relevant. I know you know that.

• rocco4UGArocco4UGA Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Yes I want the Blackout vs. Missy St

The small amount of social media I follow was calling for a fan blackout, not necessarily jerseys. That's why I voted yes.

https://blutarsky.wordpress.com/2017/09/18/a-blackened-psa/

https://www.facebook.com/events/155926488321623/

• gregoryrowleygregoryrowley Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

No, I believe blackout is the way to help the opponent party to feel own self strong.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't know if it was mcgarity or smart but one of them said last year that the plan was to wear the black jerseys once a season, probably late in the year (like we did last season with lafeyette)

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would go with option 3) blackouts are awesome but this is not a big enough game to use them.

I don't think that we "Black Out" at all this year unless the UK game is meaningless or maybe the Bowl Game unless it's a play-off game. The schedule doesn't include a late game similar to last year's

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 326 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2017

I like blackouts, but don't need one this weekend. There is already enough hype with the battle of ranked unbeatens and it being the SEC opener. I would rather them save it for later in the year, perhaps another big recruit weekend, such as the South Carolina game.