Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida Gator Ex-QB Transfer Destination: Jalon Jones

icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited May 2019 in Off Topic

It seems as if Jalon Jones as made his transition from the University of Florida official by enrolling in Thee Jackson State University. Jackson State is an affilate member of the Southwestern Athletic Conference and is well known for its four NFL Hall of Fame Inductees (Lem Barney, Walter Payton, Jackie Slater, and Robert Brazile). Jalon's transfer was confirmed earlier today by JSU's Associate Athletic Director, Dennis Driscoll. It is rumored that his long standing relationship with JSU's Offensive Coordinator, T.C. Taylor, is the reason Jackson State was able to add the 4-Star athlete to it's football program.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Guess that means he can play right away

• icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey Yes, this is a move that will allow him to be immediately eligible for competition during the 2019 season.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evidently, rape allegations are no big deal at JSU. Ladies beware.

edited May 2019

@AndersonDawg That is pretty cruel of you. Historically Black Colleges and Universities were formulated out of certain demographics (mainly blacks) being denied access to Predominantly White Institutions like the University of Alabama, the University of Florida, and the University of Georgia. What makes you think that Thee Jackson State University doesn't care about it's reputation when it decides to revert to its origin to extend a helping and loving hand for a misguided student in need. The nurturing Jalon Jones will receive has the potential to save his life. I say this because I can personally attest to the foundation it played in my upbringing. He is still a young man with plenty of life left to get himself straightened out.

Now, I will admit that his football prowess has probably assisted in his transition and acceptance at Jackson State. However, you can rest assured that if he disrespects this University's name; they will not hesitate to deal with him swiftly. It kind of reminds me of UGA giving Trey Bishop, Jonathan Ledbetter and Natrez Patrick additional chances after they went afoul of the law. Sometimes it takes a person to mess up before they realize how blessed and fortunate they are to have these opportunities. As a matter of fact, sometimes it takes them to mess up multiple times before they get it right. Jalon has exemplified poor choices at college when he should have been in high school classes and yet you want to condemn him already.

Once again, lets not rule with such an iron clad fist and lets see if this/these kids will mature to become productive citizens. I think it worked for Jonathan Ledbetter and Natrez Patrick as they seemed to have turned the corner. Trey Bishop wasn't immediately displaced and was dealt with inhouse but resources were deployed to rehabilitate. In this case, change of atmosphere may be what Jalon Jones needed to rise above his immature behavior.

#godawgs #theeilove

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Valid points, but what does this says to the 2 alleged victims? Also, if he was just Joe College, non-athlete, do you really think JSU would be as receptive? And, if he is guilty, what lesson has he learned? My hope is the 2 alleged victims are able to recover from this and that he will make positive changes to get his life on track.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

@icecolddawg I hope that QB Jalon Jones is NOT guilty of the allegations against him, and (either way?) he escaped from the swamp-things!! GO DAWGS!!!

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! Can’t believe what I just read. Major thumbs down from me.

• UgaXforPresidentUgaXforPresident Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@icecolddawg , in what world is rape considered to be "immature behavior"? If he is innocent, then he did nothing wrong and no need for the soapbox. But if he is guilty, which is what you seem to be assuming (not saying fairly or unfairly, just seems to be the assumption), then that rant is pure apologist speech. Not looking for a fight, just wanted you to be clear how your message will be perceived by some, at least by me.

edited May 2019

@UgaXforPresident and @TheSmartWay

I’m in no way condoning rape. However, it is my understanding from the reports that the original sexual act was consensual but it was ruled inappropriate once teammates entered the room and he didn’t stop upon request. If those are not the facts then I am wrong. Nevertheless, that is why I used immature behavior! He may have thought it was a joking matter in the midst and realized how serious his egregious act was later. Those young ladies didn’t deserve to be embarrassed or raped!

To me...It is the same immature behavior that Trey Bishop exemplified when he was in the midst of a consensual sexual act but immaturely recorded it and shared it without consent of his sexual partners. The same immature behavior explicitly shown by Natrez Patrick for smoking weed in the midst of a National Championship run when he had already been warned of the consequences after multiple arrests. The same immature behavior shown by Ledbetter to continue drinking and falling asleep at red lights.

These kids make bad decisions but they should not be ostracized because they can learn from their mistakes and become better men. I think Ledbetter and Patrick grew; let’s give the others that same opportunity!

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

deleted. Not going to take part in this conversation.

• paulpaulpaulpaul Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

Would you want your daughter in the same class as Jalon ? Not me !

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As long as Jalon takes Meyer's character and leadership class at OSU for rehabilitation. /s

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Diminishing these accusations as "immature behavior" is honestly outrageous.

I hope it's all a big nothing-burger but rape and smoking weed are not the same, they're not even in the same galaxy.