Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

podcast

moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited September 2017 in General

@DawgNationDaily @SavageDawg17

Is the podcast on Google( couldn't find it?) If not, would you consider posting it there also? All of my favorite podcasts are there except this one.

Soundcloud recently added video ads to their free service, and they're annoying, and for me untenable, for a couple of reasons:

1) they're video ads that require an active screen to play. I listen to you guys in the car, so that doesn't jive
2) they're doing ads on top of yours. I get it that everyone needs to eat, but double ads or a fee plus podcast ads doesn't sit well with me.

1 is a bigger deal breaker than 2, and I've uninstalled soundcloud for that reason

Comments

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos I used to listen to the podcast on Dawgnation.com (i.e. Here) before FB Live.

• DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will look into what is required to add a show to Google. Obviously, we want to make show as easy to enjoy as possible.

Ba.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2017

@Denmen185 said:
    @moos I used to listen to the podcast on Dawgnation.com (i.e. Here) before FB Live.

I did that before using SC, and I'll go back to it if I have to. But, no harm in asking/letting them know about Google Play.

I dont do Facebook. Haven't for years.

@DawgNationDaily thanks for looking into it. That's all I can ask for

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgNationDaily BA, I've noticed there has been a delay in getting the shows up on youtube. Is there a reason why? For me and maybe some others who use non-apple drivers, it allows us to download the podcast and then play it back during the day vs using data as we would for FB live, and DN Daily website. Thanks for also looking into the google music option. :)

@moos said:

@Denmen185 said:

I did that before using SC, and I'll go back to it if I have to. But, no harm in asking/letting them know about Google Play.

You are missing out. I love the interaction during and after the actual podcast segments. It's usually 20-25 minutes of chat with BA. AND you get to LOOK at him :D

• BoomX2BoomX2 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

never been podcasts fan but now im starting to like them

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The thing I dislike about sound cloud is that if it is buffering, sometimes it kicks you off. Then I have to scroll down so I don't start listening to episode 176... D-rob's troll job...
    I listen in the car and this can be dangerous...

@Denmen185 said:

@moos said:

@Denmen185 said:

You are missing out. I love the interaction during and after the actual podcast segments. It's usually 20-25 minutes of chat with BA. AND you get to LOOK at him :D

I'm sure I'm missing out. The privacy trade-off just isn't worth it. Why yes, I'm fun at parties. Why do you ask?

@moos Ask what? Just said The FB live is more entertaining due to interaction. i understand your concerns.

It was a joke. Requiring explanation means it was a bad one.

edited September 2017

Sorry @moos some of us dum Butch Joneses need a smiley face to get it sometimes :D

Do you think that the only time Butch Jones gets a 4* (****) is when we use a Mnemonic for his name :D