Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A maddening computer situation that annoys everyone each and every time it happens.

JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Spent this morning trying to get online but couldn't connect. Kept getting a "Windows does not recognize your DNS proxy settings" or something like that. Sooo what do you want to do when you get a mssg like that? You want to go on the internet and do a search for the error mssg. But you can't get on the stinkin internet to do it! Drives me nuts. After rebooting a few times and running internet connection diagnostics again and again I finally got a pop up screen with some info that helped. Something or other about not paying the Comcast bill. So I'm now OK...for 10 days till the extension they gave me runs out. We can win free Kroger food cards with a good question on Wednesdays. Maybe Connor could hold a Connor's Comcast Cards Fridays raffle each week or something. Just a selfish thought.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When all else fails do a factory restore. It takes about an hour, it's free and it clears EVERYTHING back to the first time you opened the box. It's a bit of a secret among computer repair experts.

• JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A good tip. Thanks. But promising to pay your overdue bill in 10 days gets them to flip your internet and TV switch back on.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry JT, I should have read through your OP before responding.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

James Huh So the next time you don’t pay your internet bill and you cannot connect, what will you do?