Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brooks Koepka is closing in on a truly historic 3rd straight US Open title.

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's now within 1 of the lead. If he pulls this off he'll have 5 majors, he'll elevate himself to great. He's won 2 straight PGAs as well.

Comments

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Birdied 4 of his first 5 holes

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg Pulling for Brooks but would be a nice win for Woodland to. Either American over Rose

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pulling for Woodland. Good guy. Life changer for him.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Keopka doesn’t get worked up over anything... his first US open:
    announcer: “Brooks, you just won! Congrats!”
    brooks: “thanks.”
    announcer: “what are you going to do?!?!”
    brooks: “meh, probably go eat some dinner... I don’t know... meh”

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree CZ, I always pull for an American up against a foreigner.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    Lot of pressure on Woodland

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is almost no penalty for being in the ruff , these guys are getting out and giving themselves good chances..... also have you ever seen so many chip/ pitch/ sand shots going in the hole , this tournament has been off the charts entertaining....best us open in a long time

also the greenest us open since color tv

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @WCDawg is there a sport you don't like? 

Koepka may be one of the best long ball putters on tour. In these majors he is clutch inside 8 feet. Can afford to be aggressive when there's little worries on the come backers

• skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Koepka is ice water

• HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @skidmarks especially confronted with a kiss from his GF.
    GW stone cold coming to 18
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    Gary gave Brooks the Mutumbo

Made me google

Did he have one 3 putt all week ??

Congratulations to Woodland, that was clutch.

The idea it is life changing though ..how much did he need too change his life ?

His net worth as of last year was 12 million. He is 29 years old, he plays golf in some of the most beautiful settings in the world for a living and he seems to have a good home life. Granted professionally this is a game changer, but most people would kill for the life he leads.

Squilldawg. I like all of the major sports in this country and many that are not major sports are interesting.

I'll admit I'm not a golfer though, it was too slow for me in my youth.

WC lots of folks especially athletes take up golf in their later years once their bodies cant take the wear and tear of the fast pace sports. You still got time