Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Naational Eat Your Vegetables Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anathema to some, eating vegetables is considered a must by most healh officials. 3-5 servings per day is the recommended allottment for most people. I know we have serious meat eaters amongst us but how about the veggie eaters? Any vegetarians? Vegans? Moderate veggie consumers? What is/are your favorite veggie(s)?

In case it's a real chore to do, here's a reward for you. It's also National Apple Strudel Day and National Cherry Tart Day. See what we did there? A reward for eating your veggies. What better to wash the reward down than some great root beer on National Stewart's Root Beer Day. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Comments

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Grilling vegetables makes them more tolerable. A cucumber salad with a balsamic glaze on a hot afternoon is also acceptable.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I discovered balsamic glaze and vinegar a few years ago. Quite good on grilled/broiled veggies.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can't beat okra, squash, and purple hull peas for a meal. Top it off with the cherry tart. Perfection.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm all in Dville . Except for the cherry tart. Sorry Cherry tart day. Stew/fry squash, okra in the peas or batter fry/pan fry. Add some bacon to this meal, if we can do that on Veggy Day. Yessirr

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    All about veggies...especially grilled veggies. Broccoli with some oil, salt, & pepper is legit. Squash with a little butt rub sprinkled on it is really good as well. I also enjoy grilled asparagus 
  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Oh... forgot to add smoked green beans... pretty legit to hit. 
  • AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I did my part. Had a V-8 juice after golf.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lemon juice (lemon = vegetable) on any cooked vegetable makes it healthier and tastier. Much recommended for any grilled vegetable, and green beans, asparagus, broccoli, greens. Many of you wonder what people do with that bag of lemons sold in the Kroger, while a few wonder if their bag is getting too low. Add some lemon juice to your steak. (Go small and test it.) Won't regret it.