Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

And Mark Richt has lost control in Miami now

jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Losing to Toledo at halftime 16-10. Lost control I tell ya!

Living here in Toledo though, I can tell you they are one of the tougher MAC teams.

Comments

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's only halftime.. saw this same thing that Texas a m was gonna get blown out.. cfb changes like the tides

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 said:
    Losing to Toledo at halftime 16-10. Lost control I tell ya!

Living here in Toledo though, I can tell you they are one of the tougher MAC teams.

I will consider your claim AFTER the game ends.

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was thinking about starting a thread about this but I didn't know how it would be received because Richt is not here anymore. It is a Richt characteristic to let lesser teams keep the game closer than it should be. In their defense however this is the first game Miami has played in three weeks because of the storm and they may be rusty.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This was more of a sarcastic post than anything after always hearing that when he was here. I personally think he is one of the best coaches we have had...BUT couldn't get the job done when it mattered. With that said if my kid was being recruited by him, I would have no problem with that whatsoever. Good coach, great person, and maybe with a couple of bounces the other way or 5 more yards and this wouldn't be a topic at all.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think Mark Richt has lost anything....I just never saw him as a good coach....mainly he won because he had the best talent on the field.......When he was up against a good team with equal talent he lost over half the time.

@BoulderDawg said:
    I don't think Mark Richt has lost anything....I just never saw him as a good coach....mainly he won because he had the best talent on the field.......When he was up against a good team with equal talent he lost over half the time.

I agree, and would add that his roster management was weak.. he always had a hole.. he never recruited properly to fix holes like Kirby is

edited September 2017

@BoulderDawg said:

I think he was a good coach personally(better when he called the plays). Just not a great coach which is what we have needed all these years.

See.. up 10 now.. . and remember, they couldn't practice for a week

@12ed said:
    I miss mark richt. This fan base really screwed him over. He poured his heart out for this program and you all spat on his face. Baby killing scumbags. There's a place in neyland stadium for each of you.

That should do it. I'll take a side order of 8 DVs with my varsity chili cheese burger so we win big tonight baby! 34 total DVs in the name of the GOAT and Lady Karma will spare us any embarrassment in exchange for a bigly win!

I remember my first drink

You had the DV till you mentioned the varsity chili cheeseburger. Brings back some very BAD memories. Lol

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 said:

@BoulderDawg said:

I think he was a good coach personally(better when he called the plays). Just not a great coach which is what we have needed all these years.

He handed off play calling to Bobo for a reason, that reason being Bobo was better. Not to say Richt was a slouch, but Bobo was better at the end of the day.