Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Best SEC stadium you've been to besides Sanford Stadium?

VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

I was looking over the schedule to see what game (if any) that I would be able to afford this year. I'd love to be in Athens when Jimbo and the Aggies roll into town. But I started to think about going to the Auburn game this year.

What other SEC stadiums are worth going to see for an away game? And don't tell me rocky top or the swamp. If you ever see me at either place just put a bullet in my head.

Comments

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I’ve been to Auburn and they’ve got a nice stadium but I prefer Sanford.  I hate to say it but I’d like to visit Alabama’s.  After watching the pre-game for the Iron Bowl last year I thought that it was an impressive looking stadium.
  • texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    It's Kyle Field - and it's not even close. 
  • RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've only been to AU and Bama's.... and Jax if you count that. Since I don't want to vote for anything to our west, I'm going with Jax.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Neyland is the loudest stadium I've been in. It has a giant erector set quality to it, though. Definitely not the dead cockroach in Carolina. I would probably go with Auburn honestly because it's the other stadium that reminds me of Sanford in the design.
  • UWGDawgUWGDawg Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've really enjoyed Auburn's stadium. Bryant Denny is nice, but Auburn is a bit higher on my list. Death Valley was decent, but maybe the L left a bad taste in my mouth last year. It was a very poorly designed stadium under the seats, but no denying the atmosphere was electric during the game.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Why spend time at second tier venues when heaven is in my back yard? 
  • KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    A&M has a really cool game day atmosphere, and Kyle field is nicer than Sanford. Could never quite get into it because I’m a dawg, but the Aggies are really into some football. 
  • DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Vaught-Hemingway stadium is so so but tailgating at the Grove in Oxford MS is pretty special. Course my blood doesn't get flowin until I'm in Sanford.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @PTDawg bro, I agree with ya about Neyland. That stadium gets loud when TN had a decent team and can win. Fun environment for sure. The stadium is cramped and the bathrooms are crap like any other stadium
  • dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

LSU Tiger Stadium

• ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So far I've only been to South Carolinas and LSUs stadiums (other than Sanford in the SEC). Just from the stadium standpoint, I liked USCs more. Does Jacksonville count as an SEC stadium? Just curious, it'd be at the bottom of my list if it is.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Vanderbilt is my top, which is crappy

Knoxville, Crappy stadium, surrounded by a crappy city, 80% filled with road crew workers

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tiger Stadium, as much for it's location as the stadium itself. The thing we have that others can't replicate is location. Most planners look for the flattest, most open spot to build, ours sits among rolling hills with big trees within a short walk of the best intown area in The SEC AND it's right there at the campus.

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been to Auburn, LSU, Kentucky, South Carolina, Florida, Vandy, Clemson, West Virginia. With this limited sample, I think LSU because of the unique culture and Cajun food was my favorite.

The folks at Kentucky (2 times) were very nice and pleasant to me.

About the only thing I remember from my visit to the Swamp with a friend in 1988 (Auburn-FL) was that the Gators were shut out at home and our seats had a nice view of the FL majorettes.

Clemson is a neat gameday atmosphere (I was there for the Punt Rusky/Deion Sanders FSU game), but there's not much in town in terms of things to do/see.

I agree that our stadium setting in Athens is pretty unique, although some would argue there's no big adjacent tailgating area like SC has. But that's what make Sanford special, as everyone has their 'spot.'

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Turk. No doubt Sanford being where it is creates some tradeoffs. It's congested and tailgating is a challenge. To me it's a good bargain though. Atmosphere is huge in CFB, ours is the best.

Everyone needs to see Kyle Field. I can assure you - without a doubt - there is not another stadium in the SEC even close - and I've seen most.

I realize you can only comment on the best stadium that you have actually seen - but there is Kyle field - then everyone else. 
  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    What makes Kyle Field so special? I’ve heard from Texans themselves it’s not worth getting off the highway for College Station.
  • SATX_DAWGSATX_DAWG Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ Junior
    I would've said Kyle field before I went to Death Vally last season. I've been to many A&M games doesn't even compare IMO. 
    Agree completely. College Station is not worth getting off the hwy for. 

But the Kyle Field stadium renovation is awesome. I've been in the luxury suites, locker rooms, etc. It's practically a brand new stadium. 

It is impressive. And the game presentation is really good. But cultish.

There is nothing like the pregame atmosphere at LSU. Incredible food. Stadium is pretty good as well.

My wife graduated from Ole Miss. Tailgating is really nice in the grove - but the stadium is a bit of a dump. The high end seats and luxury boxes are in the end zone  - weird.

Atmosphere at Neyland is awesome but stadium is incredibly uncomfortable feeling.  Everyone is on top of each other. It's really pretty there. But that is an awful color of orange.

Miss St stadium is nothing to write home about. And the cow bells are awful - unless you have one. I didn't and wouldn't. 

Bama has a nice stadium and great atmosphere. 

Auburn has always felt very similar to Sanford stadium to me. Great game day atmosphere. 

Arkansas is a fun atmosphere and beautiful campus. Great place to see a game.

Mizzou is awful and small. Although they are going through some big improvements.  It needs it. Campus is really nice though.

The swamp is a dump and I've been to two afternoon games there. Uncomfortable heat and humidity. And Blue and orange is difficult on my eyes. Not just saying that because I hate Florida. It really is an awful color combination.  

Sanford stadium is ok. Obviously there are the bathroom issues and I haven't been there since the improvements. But Sanford holds all the memories of going there as a little kid - sentimental value is incredible when I walk in there.
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    I’ve never been inside Kyle Field, but from the outside it is incredible. Def not much great about College Station otherwise. Hotel across the field is 😚👌 though. And get your coffee at Minuti