Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Insert chicken little gif 
  • Options
    HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @jmarlin isn't wrong though...it seems like recruiting momentum is a living organism. I agree everything is fine and we are rolling and these two events will be anomolous bumps on an othwise smooth road, but part of getting over the momentum bumps is countering with positive news. An SVP, Ringo or Raym commit right now would be timely!
  • Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I agree about the momentum. Add in SVP not showing up, which compounds the impact of AO’s decommitment. I don’t think anyone is panicking (obviously we’re gonna be fine either way), but I do think we should be able to have an educated discussion about whether or not momentum has gone against us or whether that will have any impact on our bottom line. Just my take! 
  • Options
    breaddawgbreaddawg Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore

Anyone feeling antsy today should just cash out their 401k.

• Options
    jmarlinjmarlin Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @SoFL_Dawg,  haven’t most of the other top 5 recruiting colleges already accomplished something similar because their classes have like 5 more people in them?   Should I even care at this point that our class is smaller than the other elite classes?  Is that a totally irrelevant data point?  

(Serious questions, I’m new to following recruiting closely)
  • Options
    HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @SoFL_Dawg you are right as usual. Its very hard not to be swept up by the JJ news though. Independent of his value for the 2019 season, the nature of that incident casts a shadow that is hard to dispel..much better to add some light so that narrative doesn't linger too long. Again, the staff is absolutely killing it and its an awesome time to be a dawg fan, but the very fact that this conversation is taking place is proof enough that the positive roll we are on slowed a little.

I'm greedy though and want all the recruits, lets just throw one more in the mix now to shift focus back to something positive about the program.
  • Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

One thing that we have going for us as far as perception goes is that the JJ news came out Friday afternoon...Idk if it was a newsdump or just coincidence but there's a reason bad news comes out on fridays in all walks of life.

Ol Finebaum tried to make a big deal out of it on Friday and while I get Connor going on there for the news, Tony "I don't claim to be a UGA fan unless someone wants me to be one" Barnhart did a great job of telling Pawl how "the Dawg fans are feelin". Apparently we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop now..good to know..lol.

BTW, did y'all get a survey or questionaire from Barnhart? He must have really been gatherin up that info and making spreadsheets to be able to tell Paul how all of Dawgnation was feeling so quickly...

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    So with the AO decommitment where does staff stand in terms of Paris Johnson pursuit?
  • Options
    superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Paris was in Columbus this weekend. I think he sticks there unless they have difficult season 
This discussion has been closed.