Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stranger Things

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
anyone finished the new season? Thoughts? Gonna be spoilers so be careful. This is your only warning...

Comments

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Great season and the special effects were amazing. As far as Hop goes, if you didn't see them die, it didn't happen. I think they want you to believe he is the American referenced in the after credit scene but that seems too obvious.
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    In a weird way I kind of hope he’s gone. Otherwise it cheapens that ending we just witnessed. I felt nothing when Billy died haha. We need him in a remake of Lost Boys immediately. 

Wanna see more of these kids struggling with puberty next season and growing apart
    edited July 2019
    Idk how it would have happened, but I have an idea that 11's powers might have been transferred to Hopper to keep him from dying. It's an out there idea and is probably wrong.

Edit: I also agree that him being actually dead would be much more satisfying emotionally.
    She’s gonna get her powers back right at the last possible moment when she needs them the absolute most
    Also...Robin is gay? Did I catch that right?
  • nickcreighton5nickcreighton5 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Currently watching episode 4

I wonder what the setting will be for next season. Seems like it will be difficult to keep it in Hawkins unless the Russians just want more demogorgons
    Yeah Robin is gay. Making fun of romance tropes
  • MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I think the next season will be around Christmas time since that’s when Will and El were invited back to Mike’s and it has to take place in Hawkins.  Snow could make for some interesting weather problems for them too.
    Also, I’m going to miss Smirnoff, he was funny.  Billy too, he was a **** but we was a good actor.
    Just wish Steve could catch a break for once. Maybe season 4. 
  • MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I don’t know man, that’s half the entertainment value and I thoroughly enjoyed his and Dustin’s relationship this season.  Very much a bromance
  • Kirb_your_enthusiasmKirb_your_enthusiasm Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Loved the new season. I feel like season two seemed a little rushed production wise, but this season was akin to the first one in production, writing, and enjoyment.
    Also, I feel as though next season will take place in russia. I have a feeling El will be working on getting her powers back between seasons, and as soon as she does get them back she will look to find Hopper because she feels he isn’t dead. I think she’ll see him and the demogorgan in Russia and will get her sister who also has powers, and they’ll go to Russia to get Hop. Just a feeling. 
  • umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Did y’all know that Robin is Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman’s daughter?
    I did know that. One of the movie marquees had ethan’s Film the explorers on it. 

Fun off topic fact: I’ve bumped into both her parents in the wild in nyc
  • jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Season 3 was better than 1 IMO. Agree with @Kirb_your_enthusiasm that season 2 was subpar. @Muffingod if you’re right about season 4 being at Christmas time, it will likely be Christmas 2020. @Kasey I kinda feel like Hop is in the upside down too and eleven will get her powers back and search for him and be the one that finds him. 
  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did anyone watch after the credits? It que’s to a Russian prison. The Russians are about to open a cell and one Russian tells the other ”not the American.” And they open up the cell next to it

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Will is gay too? That's how my fiance interpreted the "It's not my fault you don't like girls" comment from Mike.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Didn’t read any of the thread because of the spoiler alert. Haven’t been a fan yet of this season. Only on episode 3 though