Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Fenugreek - The Maple Syrup Spice

FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Came across this as something to check out. Smells and tastes like maple syrup/caramel. Used in curry's and North African and Indian cuisine primarily. Comes in a leaf but mostly as a seed. I’ll omit the leaf. The seed needs to be ground, as prepared (ground) fenugreek powder has a short-shelf life. The bad news is that the seeds are very hard. The good news is one only needs a little to have an impact. The other bad news is that fenugreek is very bitter in larger quantity. The good news is that one only needs a little.

I have a small grinder I dedicate for fenugreek. I put a few turns on my M-F (days of week) breakfast (nuked dry cereal – Cheerios and rice crispy-like – with fruit and cinnamon and ginger). I imagine it would go with any sweet or semi-sweet dish, such as cooked carrots or stewed tomatoes. It would likely be safe in any other dish that had an acid component like any tomato dish, citrus, lemon/lime or vinegar – to counteract the bitterness. Would add a depth of flavor (“what is that/can't place it”) without being intrusive. I’ve added it to my lunch salad and glad I did.

Oh, it also boosts testosterone.

Fenugreek – now you know.

Comments

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife used this to boost her milk production but my son seemed to have a bad reaction to it.

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They use Fenugreek in almost all test boosting supplements. Didn’t think about it’s culinary uses.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your not talking about that guy who plays for Miwaukee Bucks, are you.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its a good supplement. It gives you boners.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pfffffft......