Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

92.9 or 680?

Kirb_your_enthusiasmKirb_your_enthusiasm Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited July 2019 in General

First post...don’t know what happened, all my text disappeared. Which station do you guys prefer? I used to be only 92.9, but once I saw the light I switched to 680 and never went back. Much better hosts, a lot less turnover, and they talk about more than just the Falcons all the time. Who do you guys prefer, and why?

92.9 or 680? 45 votes

92.9 The Game
22%
BiggerBadDawgMidnite_TrainddodsonKirbstomperogdawg01Cclark91PeepDawgClean_OF_HateTybee2103Iwantkendall 10 votes
680 The Fan
77%
how2fishCZCashvilleDawgBiffLowmandbrown7494ihateusernamesBulldawg90dawgnation10insertusernamehereSWGADAWGajf611otis1105BigDawgEatinbobbybmauldinKirb_your_enthusiasmmantis_toboggan69Raiderbeater1MeR3htidcory430LowcountryDawg21 35 votes

Comments

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    680 The Fan

Too much Atlanta United stuff on 92.9 but that's about the only difference for me.

680 The Fan

By the way Brian Finneran has gotten a little better since he first started at 680 but he is absolutely horrible at radio. Just HORRIBLE.

• Kirb_your_enthusiasmKirb_your_enthusiasm Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    680 The Fan

I gave them up before United really got going, so I never experienced that. But I felt that way about them Falcons. College football is king for me, and 680 talks about it a good bit. They just also have better personalities over there, from the hosts to the producers.

Agree about the morning people. I think both stations have garbage morning shows.

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I answered this poll a few months ago, it would have been 92.9. The old 10 to 2 show on 92.9 was great. The one with Rick Kamla and John Michaels. But since they got booted, I have been back to 680.

• IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    92.9 The Game

I fat fingered lol

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    92.9 The Game

I prefer the personality they show on The Game...but its really meh. Way too many ad breaks sometimes. Hugh Douglass isnt the best. More Falcons centric

Someone needs to be locked up for getting rid of Kamla and John Michaels.

The Fan is way better for CFB news and real sports talk, I just don't prefer some of the "dryness"

• rxdawg84rxdawg84 Posts: 21 ✭✭ Sophomore
    680 The Fan

Agreed about Finneran , just terrible

chuck and chernoff are great at college fball

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    680 The Fan

I enjoy buck on 680 typically has some type of insider info every now and then.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1310 the Ticket. Best radio station in the country. Hands down.

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
    680 The Fan

Chuck and Chernoff on my drive home everyday.

• Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    680 The Fan

Ooh. I like this poll.

Agree on the morning shows as well. I do like Sandra Golden, despite the dolphin laugh. I mostly listen in the afternoon though.

Off the top of my head:

680 the Fan:

Steak: Hacking his way along, 20 plus years later, and still the most unprepared guy on sports talk. A voice only a mother would love.

Finneran: I wish they’d forbid him to do the ad spots. Hearing him read live on the air is painful. I’m embarrassed for him.

Cellini: I think he’s funny. Sue me.

Dimino: Best baseball guy anywhere, not just here. Pre-game pop quiz is awesome.

Buck: Buck is Buck, man. Dude is a legend in Dawgnation.

John Kinkaide: I don’t hate on him like many. He’s good at what he does.

Chuck and Chernoff: My favorite show. They just click. Love me some Carlos Medina.

929 the game:

John Fricke: I can’t decide between windbag or blowhard. Always name dropping. Best voice though.

Hugh Douglas: Seems genuine, but he can be unlistenable. Sometimes he has no idea what he’s talking about.

Dukes and Bell: Mike Bell is my favorite host without a doubt. The quintessential radio pro. Dukes is a great foil for Bell. They’re really good together. Here’s the thing (as they LOVE to say): Their incessant coverage of the Falcons draft felt like a hostage crisis. Like they were being forced to broadcast messages.

I’ve written enough here. Apologies.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    680 The Fan

I can only get it when the suns up in Kennesaw. Once it’s down it’s all static.

680 The Fan

What happened with Kamla and Michael's anyway? Really enjoyed the 2 of them together. Sort of like Having Westbrook and Harden together. No matter what you will be entertained. Big loss for 92.9 IMO.

680 The Fan

And Brian Finneran is still horrible. Just awful.

680 The Fan

Love Chuck and Chernoff, a 680 staple for DANG sure. They actually seriously got into it on the air once about 8-10 years ago. Real talk. Somebody on here remembers this. Chuck cracked a joke about someone that had passed away and Chernoff reamed him good on air.

680 The Fan

Steak is fantastic and deserves better than those 2 goofy partners of his Sandra and Brian. Yeeeeuck!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's odd. Usually just the opposite with AM stations. I know a few that I have to be 50 miles or less away to hear in the day but at night I can get them 350-400 miles away. AM750 is a good example. Can't get anything until I am near Calhoun in the day but at night I have listened in Cincinnati.

• Clean_OF_HateClean_OF_Hate Posts: 175 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    92.9 The Game

680 has too weak of a signal. You’re ability is only as good as you’re availability.

• UGASlobberknockerUGASlobberknocker Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

680 because they spend more time on CFB.

But I am not a fan of Chuck and Chernoff show. Imo Chernoff is a putz who just reads prepared script he wrote earlier and drives me crazy by calling every athlete by their first name like he's their bud. Not just ATL athletes but QBs like Tom and Drew. IMO Oliver is a wannabe who thinks memorizing every roster makes him an expert . As an interviewer he asks questions that are way too long as he tries to qualify each question with his "expertise ". And he digs at uga every chance he can and in disingenuous ways.