Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Chip Towers

Comments

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Isn't there still a relationship between Dawg Nation and the AJC? If so won't we still get Chip here at Dawg Nation?

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There must be something different between the two jobs. Chip Towers dawgnation twitter account has been deleted and it is now Chip Towers AJC.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Chip replacing anyone there at AJC?

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I'm not clear on the differentiation between the two sites. I thought Dawgnation was essentially under the AJC umbrella?

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My guess is that while both are under same umbrella, it is a different style of work. AJC is more long form newspaper stuff and a lot of it their team articles require a subscription. Dawg nation is web/blog style with one good story often broken up into multiple parts to generate clicks and feed the beast of constant new content around the clock as well as pay for the free-to-the-consumer content. Chip does better with the opinion and longer form stuff, and I’m guessing he’s going back to a more familiar territory.

• LazendaddyLazendaddy Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cox Media Group owns AJC, DawgNation operates under the Cox’s media/AJC banner

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope this new gig comes with a new proofreader thrown in.

(Sorry Chip, I couldn't resist)

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, The Athletic appears to only employ one beat writer per college team, and Seth Emerson seems to have that position filled quite well. They just announced a bunch of new hires, including Andy Staples.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chip will be posting here under the new name, @Jackiemoon. It would seem that Cox would share the talent, but Chip may want to focus on his new role. I liked him and his reporting. He is a Dawg and a good reporter.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ive said it before, Chip is old school. Not that he can’t churn out content with a non traditional deadline but I doubt he enjoys it..let alone having to read people ripping him on here lol.

Good luck Chip but don’t be a stranger.

• KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And Brandon the “gator hater” Adams!!!

• TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wish Adams would display as much vitriol for Auburn, who we've played more than anyone else in our history and which is a disgusting, vile football program

• TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

Has Dawgnation put out a statement about Chip Towers leaving for The AJC and his future interaction with this site?

I liked his video chats. I appreciated the opportunity to ask him questions and hear his opinions via direct responses.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@TomGrose I don't think it's on site, but it's somewhere in this thread