Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Does LeBron need to sit his [expletive] down?

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Comments

• NoahSewellFanClubNoahSewellFanClub Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't agree. The guy is a Dad at an AAU tournament having fun, it was over the top, but I've seen kids of other teams run on the court at AAU games after something crazy happens. He doesn't deserve any backlash, he's only getting it because he is LeBron.

• TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Considering who he is I’d have to agree with Whitlock.

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Honestly don't care. I'm sure nobody there had a problem seeing him dunk without paying for tickets to an NBA game. He's all over social media and kids have idolized him so we're going to see alot more of him in our time. People have talked bad for him his whole career and this is no different.

I've never liked him, but this is nothing.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

But do other dad's throw down windmill dunks in a layup line? Seems like he knew people were filming him

• Stef_Lew_478Stef_Lew_478 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

He absolutely does not need to sit down. He’s supporting his kid and just so happens to be in the spotlight anywhere he goes.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t see a problem. Yeah, he’s got a huge ego, but he’s just acting like a celebrity. No harm done.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Just seemed a little Lavar Ball to me

• sarceansarcean Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

LeBron has never had a real scandal in all his years. He has been a great role model, a great parent, and a great husband. People try to find reasons to criticize him but considering the immense hype LeBron has had since early high school, he has done pretty well with all the fame.

If LeBron wants to be active parent supporting his son, let him!

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Lavar Ball got so consumed by the attention that he wrecked his kids’ lives. LiAngelo turned down a college education and life to play in Lithuania with a remote chance at playing in the NBA, and LaMelo went overseas when he was just 16.

To me Lavar and Lebron are night and day.

• Stef_Lew_478Stef_Lew_478 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lavar did some damage, but I don’t think he wrecked his kids’ lives. LiAngelo isn’t an NBA talent or his game would’ve overcome the antics like Lonzo’s did. I still think LaMelo has a decent shot of making the league after his stint overseas.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which is why it made no sense to pull him from his full ride in college. Unless they're still planning on making millions on their shoes.

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nope.

I get it - it's his son's game and his team but I'm sure all of those kids really enjoy being able to be on the same court as one of the greatest to ever play the game.

The reactions were big and over the top but that's AAU basketball now - the crowds are big and the antics bigger. But again, I'd be so hype if I did something that LBJ though was hype worthy.

At the end of the day, there are a lot of those kids posts on IG that paint him in a "Big Brother" and mentoring light - so they obviously appreciate his presence and support.

• Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lebron is similar to Lavar, minus the talk.

I would hope if Bronny Jr. had a problem with it, Lebron would tone it down, but until then, keep on rollin'

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well. I understand where Lebron is coming from. And I see his kids point of view as well.

Just three weeks ago I also embarrassed my son during his AAU game. I wasn't doing windmill dunks - I spilled my Starbucks on the court and it delayed the game 15 minutes.

Worst part was there were no drinks allowed.

Anyway, it's pretty much the same thing.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I care about is LeBron delivering a Championship to the Lakers!!!

• mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Its AAU, not a HS game. AAU is an entirely different atmosphere and behavior like that is more common than not. He’s not hurting the kids. Having a top 2 player of all time get hyped about a play you made is nothing but cool for the kids.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nah he's LeBron James, he's earned the right to do whatever he wants as long as its not outside of the law.