Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Wear Orange for Cheaper Tickets

ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited September 2017 in Off Topic

This morning I convinced my wife that we need to go up to Knoxville to cheer on our Dawgs, while also ruining their checkerboard theme. I thought that maybe I could go by a Goodwill or flea market or a dumpster and pick up an orange shirt to wear pre-game while we're looking for tickets. What should we do?

Wear Orange for Cheaper Tickets 21 votes

Wear Orange and sucker some Vols into a good deal
52%
CaliforniaDawgamjadawgsmattmd2tfk_fanboyJMFDHotDawgsAndMustarddawgnation10VaBeachDawginsertusernameherejt200DawgVader 11 votes
Don the Red and Black and pay a premium, risking the tickets altogether.
47%
BamaDawgCZCashvilleDawgTdub0199Racin_JasonAkonEason4Heismangeorgiaduck22KingoftheSouthDGD28Dawg14 10 votes

Comments

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you make a stop about an hour outside of Knoxville, they will likely pay you take a Vols shirt. Just saying

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wear orange only under the condition that immediately after the transaction you toss your shirt in a dumpster and put your red/black on.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:
    Wear orange only under the condition that immediately after the transaction you toss your shirt in a dumpster and put your red/black on.

Or burn it after the transaction

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 said:

@mattmd2 said:

Or burn it after the transaction

You may be able to trade it for the tickets. There is a shortage of toilet paper due to hurricanes.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@amjadawgs @mattmd2 @jc30116 @bmauldin Crisis Averted, Gentlemen! I called the UGA ticket office and bought two tickets for face value. The only stipulation to doing that is that I am local so that I could pick them up in person.

• HotDawgsAndMustardHotDawgsAndMustard Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

Do it. Out gimmick their gimmicks. Heck, even wear it as you walk through the gate. Then stop 20 feet in the gate and take it off, exposing your true colors underneath, and put the puke in a pumpkin orange shirt in the trash where it belongs.

Or just wear a white shirt and put your dawg wear on over it.

• HotDawgsAndMustardHotDawgsAndMustard Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

But if it’s a white shirt, it’s got to be believable, cut the sleeves off and rub dirt, bbq sauce, and axle grease all over it.