Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Vanderbilt plans wake-up call for any 'sleeping' Georgia football players

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageVanderbilt plans wake-up call for any 'sleeping' Georgia football players

Georgia football opens at Vanderbilt, and the Commodores are hoping the Bulldogs overlook them in Nashville

Read the full story here

Comments

• dawgs18dawgs18 Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

vandy would have been wise to say nothing - they apparently have short memories the last time they talked and a team like this in bama - didnt go well

• DawgForLifeDawgForLife Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

Rather enthusiastic bunch this year! Keep talking.

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s not a good idea to poke the bear.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GeoffDawg - LOL! I think you nailed that one!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

over by halftime

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I admit that I did have some concerns that we might be a little flat for Vanderbilt -- until I read this. These statements will certainly be front and center for UGA players come game week. These Vandy kids remind me of how the Kentucky kids were talking smack last year after they tasted a bit of success and got ready to play us at home. Then they kicked the ball off and it was back to business as usual. I hope that will be the case come Aug. 31 in Nashville. Go Dawgs!!!!!

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs will light up Vandy on the field. Dawg fans will light up Vandy in the stands to start the 4th quarter.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

After the Sugar Bowl disaster, I think Kirby will have the Dawgs ready to play...no matter who the opponent is.

This year, I hope Kirby and the rest of the team has a "take no prisoners, keep your foot on the gas" mentality.

I thought at the start of last year, Kirby just held back, but I hope he has the idea of not necessarily holding back, but showing other teams that they're going to have their hands full against UGA.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby and Company will "Do More" with the Commodores. I honestly feel sorry for Vanderbilt and the school's fans that will be in attendance at this game.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's starting to sound a lot like football season! I like it.

I'm not so sure that poking the bear is the best strategy for Vandy, but it sounds like Mason's boys are ready to tee it up.

I have a lot of respect for what Mason has done at Vanderbilt. He's likely a better coach than he gets credit for. Let the season begin!

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm getting more nervous the closer this game gets. No one is talking about the Dores.

1. First game of the season
    2. It's on the road
    3. It's still SEC athletes, we aren't talking about Austin Peay here.
    4. Crazier things have happened.

Do not underestimate them. Stay focused. Do your job.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Agreed. It will be a real test. Although after the sugar bowl I don’t think Kirby will let anyone on the team underestimate them.

Fans and media are another story

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2019

"The Commodores are used to being overlooked."

That's because they are also used to being an awful football team.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh please. UGA wins by 3-4 TDs taking the foot off the gas after halftime to have 2nd & 3rd team get playing time.