Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brenton Cox to Gators?

Comments

• HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He wont getva waiver to play this year. Marijuana arrest. No chance cleared to play this year

• RedFiveRedFive Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior

How much have that have you personally seen? Again, he is gone so no need to **** on him.

• PedroPedro Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was told to leave from what I heard because he got into a fight with an offensive player. Oddly enough a defensive player came to the aid of the offensive player in the fight.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope BC can play immediately and gets his life on track. And I hope UF@g wins every game they play until the cocktail party. The NCAA, with the way they change rules as they go, is creating all these new scenarios that we've never seen before. Transfers through the portal, etc. It's a whole new world in college football. Some coaches are sitting out there waiting for the next player to get kicked off of a team (Mullet) so they can "upgrade" their team; talent-wise, maybe, but culturally definitely not. I believe Kirby was far enough ahead of the game to know that BC could (maybe even would) end up at UF@g. But I also believe Kirby doesn't care because of his confidence of his coaching ability and staff. Kirby is on top of the NCAA's changes and you can believe Georgia will be getting the benefits down the road. Sometimes what's on the surface seems bad (JF's transfer, BC's dismissal from the team) but is much better for the foundation. To put this in perspective; Mullet just got some of Kirby's leftovers.

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For anyone that thinks Mullen had anything to do with this transfer prior to it happening, please remember this is the same coach whose booster offered sCam $250k to go to Miss St and lost him to a school that didn't pay him a thing. 🙄😏🙃

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's probably safe to say that a lot of guys on the roster were treated the same way that Cox was prior to arriving in Athens. Can't really buy that as an excuse to act like an a$$.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Giving way too much credit to Mullet for scheming such. No way he had that much foresight. I mean, come on, have you seen the way he dresses?

• chinadawgchinadawg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

I say give him the waiver to play this year. I’d rather face a kid in his first year in the program now than a 5th year senior a few years from now.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe my UF hate is clouding my judgement, but I just dont see how he helps them. He has a bad attitude, feels entitled, and cant stay of the weed. Did someone see a flash of greatness in him last year, that I missed. I wish him good riddance. UF is not exactly the place to restore a bad attitude.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was florida even on his radar during his initial recruitment? I feel like he chose them purely out of spite.

• LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m wondering how much he really looked around before committing to UF. It didn’t work out in Athens, fine. But it seems like his decision was rushed, and now he’s stuck in Gainesville. I hope it works out for him...?

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wish him well. Florida has a deserved bad rep for working with kids with behavior issue. Basically Brain will have to fix himself or it will not work

Brian biggest challange not unlike many of us is between his ears. I'll wish him well, just not against us.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not getting a waiver. Kicked for disciplinary issues and is leaving his home state to transfer with no other excuse.

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, this may just bump them up from the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl to the big time Dollar General Bowl or Famous Idaho Potatoes Bowl...