Home Get started: Welcome to the DawgNation Forum
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

DawgNation Forum Member Suggestion Box

Comments

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

FirePlug I used to be able to keep up a little. Have you ever been one of those folks that type court proceedings (court recorder I guess)

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

This isn't necessarily about the forum, but it would be great if we could improve the audio quality for phone guests on the podcast.

There are tons of options that would provide a marked improvement...Facetime, Google Voice, Skype, etc. 

FaceTime is built-in on every iPhone and you could add Google Voice or Skype to any smartphone. It just seems like an easy move that would result in a large quality-of-life improvement.

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just let fly on what you quoted. In a prior life, I did keep pretty good notes on business meetings, even though I wrote longhand (by pen for the youngsters).

• JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some easy additions that'd be fun...

-"What Did Cade Hunt and Kill This Week"...just ask Cade what he hunted every week and post it.

-What An Internet Personalty Earns"..y'all post your salaries and raises. We are all curious.

-"Connor's Muscle Poses"..you know he does it in a mirror at home anyway. Just have him take a new pic and post it every week.

-"Who Will Kirby Chew Out First Over His Headphones"..a new contest every game for another free Kroger food card. You can't have enough of those.

-"Hot UGA Chicks"...just roam the campus with a camera. You get the idea.

-"Free Movie Night Stream"..y'all are in media. You can get your hands on bootleg new movies, right?

.....I'm pretty high on that Connor's Muscle Poses idea. I think it's a winner...

-"NCAA PreGame Predictions"..play NCAA football on X-box and pit UGA against out next opponent. See what the magic X-box says. That aint a bad idea.

-"Are You A Democrat or Republican and Why?"..just a thread y'all can close and lock real fast to remind everyone who's boss.

• Dawg_4_LifeDawg_4_Life Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

When is David Pollack going to be on DawgNation Daily?

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr. Mod, did anything come of this as I would like to participate in it and you have fancy behind the scenes knowledge.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Nothing in the works that's been mentioned to us way down stream. Wish something like this could be a possibility.

Harass Jeff for me in your next mod card game (watch out for @Kasey I think he cheats)

He does... unless he's asleep in his Mod recliner.........then we switch out his cards on him...

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin

What specificially are we talking about here? A DN "pink out" awareness movement?

Just checking. My side gig is pretty busy these days.

Well, my initial thought was based of some of these fine folks not always being able to get their hands on some DN Swag. It was mentioned that some were willing to pay for it. My thinking is that it would be a kind gesture from DawgNation to contribute to the Breast Cancer Foundation in the name of Wendy Anderson.

Maybe get some DawgNation Swag autographed by some of the coaches, former players etc. and do a online auction with a 100% of the proceeds going to the charity. Gives the folks that can't make it to the DN events to get their hands on some special DN Swag.

I know your busy Jeff and was more of a pipe dream on my part. But it was a thought and suggestion for the "Suggestion" thread.....

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think a bit of leeway makes for a more energetic board. On the other hand I'm glad this board isn't a cesspool like the 247 and Rivals national boards have become. I recognize I was out of line a few weeks back and after spending a week visiting those boards I'm glad moderators stepped in.

My thinking is be consistent without favoring an ideology or any particular poster. Don't be overly ridged but don't allow things to get out of hand. You're already doing a good job though.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd like the ability to highlight part of a post and have that appear as my quote. When people read the post, they won't have to link back to a post, but can see my response in context. Perhaps there could be a word limit for such quotes.

• DataDawgDataDawg Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

1) #tagging - to bucket items across threads

2) Fireside Chats- opportunity to call / Facetime / Skype in with questions to either Jeff, Connor or Mike

3) Some sort of Fantasy Gaming element - get members involved with a season long prediction challenge or one question a week with some DN swag as prizes at YE

4) DN tailgate for home games (at least 1x per year)

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. There are tags for each thread, whether the user uses them is optional though. On the homepage of the forum, scroll down and towards the bottom right you'll see the tags.
    2. You can submit questions via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and on this forum. This can happen at anytime, or you can do so live during the DawgNation shows.
    3. I like it, but will defer to Jeff on that one. We do have a College Pickem that a member started on here. Might be too late to join now though. No prize that I know of, but biggest loser has to go to one Vol game and one UF game next year (in their stadiums).
    4. They generally do some tailgating event for a few games a year. They'll have to provide the detail as to when the next one is though. Keep an eye out on here, or the main DawnNation site, as they'll announce it.