Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Be An Angel Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Odd set of choices today so I went with what I think might be non-controversial.

National Be An Angel Day encourages good deeds and kindness to others. By supporting those in need and inspiring others to kindness, we display an act of an angel here on earth.

The day also recognizes those who’ve been angels to us. Sometimes we have a terrible day. Whether its bad news or poor planning, we all have them. A kind word, a hug, or even a pleasant atmosphere makes a difference.

Other times, days, even weeks, can be devastating. A loss, illness, or overwhelming news takes the wind from our sails. Those angels provide comfort at a time when we need it most.

The same happens to the people around us. We don’t always know what others may be enduring. We can be an angel in big and small ways. Whether we know a person’s concerns or not, merely offering to join them for a meal may relieve their stress. Having someone to listen often is something we need most.

Noticing someone’s efforts is another way we can be an angel. Letting them know you’re impressed with their stamina, talent, progress – fill in the blanks. These positive comments provide morale-boosting energy.

Any time we see someone in need, the opportunity arises to offer help. Assist an elderly neighbor with lawn care. Don’t overlook the single parents when setting up play dates. Their children – and the parents – need social interaction, too.

Also, when you value someone’s time, effort, and presence, don’t hesitate to tell them. We may be individual people, but we don’t thrive alone. Look out for each other.

So, do a good deed today or recognize someone who has been an "angel" in your life. I know I have many.

Comments