Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Twofer: National Waffle Day and National Peach Pie Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can recall when my family lived with my grandparents. My grams would get up early in the AM and pick some peaches from our tree and then make peach waffles. She'd actually cook whatever I wanted for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Talk about growing up with unrealistic expectations. It wasn't until I went away to college that I learned the world wasn't here to serve me.

At any rate, enjoy some waffles today. What's your favorite way to eat waffles? Best you've ever had?

Finish the day with a nice big piece of peach pie with some (scoop or more) of ice cream; Only thing that could make it better would be 2 pieces of pie and a Gator loss to the Canes.

Comments

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Never had peach pie. Peach cobbler, peach turnover, and peach milkshake at Chic fil a are awesome.

Like waffles over pancakes. Dont have a favorite. Grew up eating Eggo frozen, and still do. Good snack, toasted hot Eggo spread with peanut butter

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My dad taught me to eat mine with PB - said that was what cowboys did....so did I.