Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree but think the performance of the OL was horrid. It may be a long time before Miami releases it's TE in passing situations except in 3 TE sets (keep 2 in, release the third).

• Options

IMO to solidify his position with LSU and/or Alabama assuming Evans is Athens bound.

• Options

Washington CB:

The tally before yesterday was 1 UGA and 2 Bama and is now 2 UGA; 1 Bama; 1 Cloudy. I am guessing that Hank South went from Bama to cloudy and Kipp put in a UGA pick. They were the 2 who put in yesterday and that seems more likely than vice-versa.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

could/would we make a DSGB “blue shirt” in order to make room for Clayton and take 3 RBs?

I just don’t understand why he is even getting love from staff when we all know that they could flip Chaney/Lloyd very easily at ESD if we do miss on Evans

I have to think that they are either pitching a blue shirt to him or a DSGB so he could be a 3rd RB in this class.

That would give us 6 RBs for the 2020 team.

With loans and financial aid, 1 summer semester @ UGA out of state isn’t THAT bad, plus it’s deferred until your out of school for 6 months, so if he makes the NFL or gets his degree he’ll be fine.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lloyd is the only real option. Chaney probably isnt flipping. And even with Lloyd it wont be easy because the team turned down his rejection once.

He isn't a bad runner. He's probably the plan C but doubt it gets that bad.

Remember the staff and others thought Evans would commit last week and thats when Clayton got noticed because the staff wants to be cautious just incase something happened.

• Options

I respect your opinion, but I don’t know why staff would start communication last week after Evans didn’t commit. Theoretically Evans has already committed to which ever staff he would have announced. If it wasn’t UGA, then Lloyd/Chaney would be getting a lot of mention from the insiders.

Since that is not happening, I am left to conclude that Evans is a Dawg, and Clayton is best friends/teammates with a UGA commit. With the way our offense is set up, you can never have too many RBs. 3 is a lot in one class & numbers are tight, however he is a top 150 player and nearly top 10 back.

The edit I saw had no other team but Georgia in it, and it wasn’t from the university which means he had somebody custom make it for him, which is either a heck of a troll job, or a true indication of where his heart/head are at.

If staff already knows that they have Evans & they were only taking 2 RBs then they definitely wouldn’t start communicating with Clayton after Evans didn’t “commit”. Staff has probably been in contact for well over a year with Clayton. They are aware of his probably keen interest in the bulldogs and now just trying to figure out the best way to get him into this class.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gilbert is a pure athlete I want.....but DW is the TE I want if we only get 1. He’s the best real TE.....period.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perspective: 11 is fast... Mathew Boling runs a sub 10 second 100m... he beats them by 1 second...

• Options
    edited August 2019

Ashaad Johnson was offered by UGA Spring 2017. This will take a while to become clear. We will get Evans very soon (today?) and Johnson will not be a 2020 initial. He could be looking for an OV invite or looking to come with SVP-G to the ND game. Alternatively, he could be seen as better than any 2021 back that we think we could get. If that's the case he won't take an OV or sign in Dec/Feb but will enroll Aug 1st 2020 as our 2021 RB as a Blue shirt. I have no idea what it will be but can't envision any (good) scenario where we take 3 RB as initials in 2020. It would be very disappointing if we do as we miss on a bunch of 5/high4* in other positions.

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Wow I didn't realize Darnell is 3 inches taller than Arik

• Options
    edited August 2019

DW is a physical beast. He’s 6’8” 260 and LOOKS FIT. Dude has almost no bad weight and will be around a fit 270 when he plays for us. Think a chiseled Isaiah Wilson with speed and hands.

A freak.

• Options
    chattdawg27chattdawg27 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So even if UGA throws the WR pitch to Gilbert, you still think he’ll likely be Bama or UT bound?

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im just fine taking 3 WRs in this class and take 3-4 in 2021, as that classes is loaded (especially in state)

• Options

We were just late to the party on that idea. Plus Clemson & Bama throw more

• Options

That means we have room for Dexter and don’t Billy Bob a DL...

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard yeterday that Bama made a strong move and is Gilberts leader currently. Go figure

I could be wrong though. Just putting out there what I've heard, we're on the outside looking in now.

IMO, I feel good about DW and TJ. 😎

This discussion has been closed.