Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• IwantburchIwantburch Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn’t count him out until after the ND game. Those official visits are something serious

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Somebody should make a chart showing what percentage of blue chips leave the state that they play high school in. Maybe the top 5 states? Georgia, Florida, Texas, California, and (I don't remember who's 5th) Ohio?

• Rcbrandon11Rcbrandon11 Posts: 21 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree with @SoFL_Dawg that the Gilbert ship has sailed because he wants to play wr and Tennessee is going to lie to him so they get him on campus and move him to tight end.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two thoughts on previous comments. First everyone is talking about how bad Miami's O-line is. They are starting two freshmen who will be a lot better next year and are recruiting O-line better than CMR did.

Second I know how talented Gilbert is. However I have felt for months that there was a mismatch with Georgia for some reason. I think Georgia from my ignorant perspective, would be better of with Darnell Washington and  Theo Johnson.

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey guys/gals...I don't visit this thread too much, but i assume this is where all the recruiting inside operatives are...lol. Couple of questions;

I seen on one of the sites that we are now a %75 Crystall Ball pick to get Evans. Whoa....I'm starting to believe. So, question is, is he going to be a signing day decision?

Also, on Burroughs, the big DL we have committed. There has been alot of talk about him not being that valuable, and cutting him lose if we get higher ranked guys. Then I read all of these articles about Bama going so hard after him. Hmmm...what's wrong with that picture?

• 101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • NCDawg4NCDawg4 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So there are 6 uncommitted recruits on your list, add Burch and dexter, that’s 8, that’s 25 for this year. Do you think we are more likely to have a decommit or one of those 8 not sign with UGA at this point?

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can see Jimmy Graham I can also see Austin Seferian-Jenkins athletic blend as well. Both guys are mismatch monsters in different ways and would be great safety options for an inexperienced qb if Fromm leaves after this year.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

I’ve said DW/Theo is the best we can wish for.

I said this even when Gilbert was in the running to come here but I just don’t like the potential locker room issues with someone saying they know better than a coach as far as trying to call the shots. He already has UTjr bent over a barrel telling him they will cave to his WR demands. What happens when he faces adversity or is TOLD to do something by those coaches? He already TOLD them and they obeyed him. That’s not how this should work and that can cause animosity from other players seeing AG get what he demands. What happens at practice when he’s called out for loafing on a play in the heat of the summer? What happens when a coach gets in his face and challenges him to be better? They have nothing to stand on being a push over at the beginning. They built their house with Gilbert on the sand and are praying the wind and rain doesn’t come. He won’t take the coaching staff seriously and other players will see it. was hoping for Arian Smith as our 4t WR but if that didn’t happen I was hoping we wouldn’t flip flop with Arik. We NEED a TE and he doesn’t want to be a TE.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TE Talk:

Gilbert: Great player and he knows it. Not the physical specimen of either Theo or DW, but his ball skills are unmatched (think George Pickens). He is cocky, but the best usually are. If we can’t get Arian Smith, then I think we should take him as a “4th WR”. As the season does on I think we will tell him he could be like George Pickens, so he will be watching more of what GP/ Cager/ Landers do, then what the TEs do. I think by the time the season has played out, Gilbert will come back around to us. The SECCG has to be played before he can sign. There is still a TON of time to make up any ground we may trail by ATM.

DW: If LeBron James had chosen football, this is what he would have looked like.

Theo: faster than DW. faster & taller than Gilbert. Not sure about his ball skills (could be Matt landers or George Pickens).

This discussion has been closed.