Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What a sorry collection of National Days on the day the Dawgs open up the season.

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

National Trail Mix Day - perhaps you can snack on some of this while watching a late game tonight. Too many great grilling options to mess with trail mix during the Vandy game.

National Diatomaceous Earth Day - I mean, what is this, a conspiracy or something? National Diatomaceous Earth Day recognizes the diatom and the remarkable mineral it creates.

Most people know of diatomaceous earth because they use it around their homes. Sometimes they use it as a filter for swimming pools or as a natural insecticide. Biologists understand diatoms, the single-celled plants. They form diatomaceous earth and are indeed the lungs of the earth. Amazingly, diatoms produce about ¾ of the world’s new oxygen supply. Another scientist, materials scientists, recognize diatom skeletons (called frustules). Imagine tiny, intricate porous opal structures. They are known to be the most durable naturally-occurring substances.

If those first two aren't bad enough, it's also National South Carolina Day. Maybe coach Boom can get some run from this day. As for me, meh.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Well everyday is drink beer day for me so at least I have that

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So..., being called a frustule isn't a bad thing?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Until I know WTH a frustule is, I can't comment. If someone calls me one, all I can say is IRYD.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, @donm , I bought some trail mix today, and I live in South Carolina. So, not a bad mix of days for this Dawg fan.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Good job, low country. Way to make lemonade!!

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Diatoms are cool they are very pretty organisms under magnification