Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

commentary for the Vanderbilt game / radio TV synch

rabuntojamesislandrabuntojamesisland Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Excuse the negative tone of this post folks; I know I will sound like petty old fart. Did any of you find the ESPN commentators for the game to be ridiculous? I thought they should stick to their craft of announcing the game and talking about the players, which includes calling each play and pronouncing their names correctly (demetris robinson?!). Instead they were eating chicken on camera and talking about the NFL draft. I found them self congratulatory and unprofessional.

While mulling over the above I turned to ESPN radio early this afternoon. Two infantile radio guys were laughing about how Hugh Freeze coached from his hospital bed. This was funny to them? The guy had to have back surgery and he had to coach a game. Making fun of him in this state for entertainment value is really base.

All of this brings me to the following question. Is there a way to have the home radio call automatically synch with the TV broadcast? I live out of radio range so it needs to be satellite or web based. For the next game I think I will just try to time the 960theref website broadcast with the televised broadcast. If anyone has any pointers or smart remarks I'm all ears.

I am reminded of the below scene. It has a cuss word or two in it for you prudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk6LBQMPBWs

Comments

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2019

Did any of you find the ESPN commentators for the game to be ridiculous? 

A: No

In fact I think Jordan Matthews does a pretty good job. But he just actually played QB in the SEC so what would he know?

All of this brings me to the following question. Is there a way to have the home radio call automatically synch with the TV broadcast? 

Yes. Stream them both over the internet and then pause one or the other until they are in sync.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ESPN is a four letter word at my house. We only watch it when we have to and we hardly ever listen to it. They produce as much fake news & propaganda as CNN.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you live in an area where you can pick up a station that is part of the Bulldogs broadcast network, you can buy a radio from SportSync that has an adjustable delay function that allows you to sync the radio broadcast to the TV broadcast. I’ve used one of there radios since the season started last year and had no problems. I recommend getting the ac/dc adapter so you don’t have to use batteries. Also might need an external antenna if you don’t get a good radio signal.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have the tunein radio app on my phone which has the Bulldogs Network. Once the game starts, I pause it for a few seconds and then hit play and it syncs up pretty well with the tv. I'd rather listen to Scott Howard and Co. than any tv broadcaster.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SR-404, has up to 60 second delay. Forget how much it cost, but it wasn’t cheap. I feel like it’s been worth it, would much rather hear Scott Howard and Eric Zeier call the game.