Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

First trip to suntrust park

JackLatttyJackLattty Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

making my first trip to suntrust tonight. Any suggestions on what to do there besides take in the nationals beat down? Any can’t miss food or attractions?

Comments

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

I hear Antico Pizza is great. It’s outside in the Battery area.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just grab a beer at a few different places in the battery until you find a place you like to hangout for awhile. The stadium is a pretty standard experience, just inside a nice new shiny ballpark.

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

H&F 🍔 burger!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Get there early and do a walking tour. The ball park itself is ok, but pretty generic. Management's stated goal was to give it a unique look capturing the essence of this region...big fail in that department. What they actually did was cram in as many money making ventures as possible while borrowing elements from so many other stadiums the net result is there is nothing original about it. Still, it's comfortable, you get a good view from most seats and there's lots to do.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Order an online parking pass if you want to reduce stress. If you want to minimize costs, look for a red deck, which is free if you get your ticket validated at The Battery. (I think the spending requirement is something like $50.) Antico is as good as it gets, but all of the restaurants are high quality. There are lots of attractions inside and outside the stadium. I agree with @WCDawg's advice. Get there at least two hours before first pitch so you can enjoy it and not feel rushed.

• Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you bought tickets in the upper deck, don't be scared to move down a good bit to possibly the lower section. Usually pretty laid back/ easy to upgrade seats on a week night game.

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My biggest suggestion is to purchase the parking pass for the Red Deck. Excellent parking deck that you walk out of right into the Battery and then your right at the outfield entrance. We’ve gone to 5 games this year. Changed seats every time. Last game , we ate at Chop House and had seats on right field foul pole lowest level . We missed 2 foul balls by a few rows. Good times !

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

have fun! took my son to a game last season. we are not baseball fans but it was cool

• JackLatttyJackLattty Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Had a good time at the game. Ozzie hit a home run about 20 ft from us. Stadium was nice but nothing special. Unfortunately we got there right at first pitch so we didn’t do much exploring. Parking was a little crazy.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry @JackLattty. I didn't realize your thread was old. Sounds like the advice might have come in handy if it had been timely. Glad you had fun. Hope you'll go back for the full experience.