Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Talk Like A Pirate Day et al

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A quote: All you bilge rats, Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgh! As you are out and about on September 19th, don’t be surprised if people are saying, “Ahoy Matie,” “Avast,” “Aye, Aye Capt’n,” “Land ho!” “Hornpipe,” and many other pirate-like phrases, because it’s International Talk Like a Pirate Day. 

While ordering your coffee in the drive-thru, ask if they have change for gold bullion. Try testing your pirate language out at the library when asking for the location of Moby Dick. The pirate language always fairs well in rough seas. Settle a debate with “I’m right or I’ll walk the plank!”

When the boss gives you a new project, “Aye, aye, Capt’n,” is the correct response. However, beware calling the boss any frothy names. The goal of the day is not to lose your job. See below".

NATIONAL HUG YOUR BOSS DAY

All I'll say here is...or not.

NATIONAL BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING DAY

I've always enjoyed butterscotch flavor, even above chocolate, although it's a close race.

NATIONAL PAW PAW DAY

Can't say as I've ever eaten a paw paw - but they are allegedly quite good. Not sure where they grow, but somewhere tropical would be a good bet. There are 60 varieties of paw paw - the most popular a mango-banana flavored one. It was supposedly George Washington's favorite dessert. Anyone ever try paw paw?

Comments