Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirk Herbstreit leaves UGA out of his top 4 again, heavily praises Notre Dame

SystemSystem Posts: 10,472 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirk Herbstreit leaves UGA out of his top 4 again, heavily praises Notre Dame

Here’s something you can expect to happen a lot over the next 48 hours: No. 3-ranked UGA will be penalized and criticized by the national media because the Bulldogs didn’t beat Notre Dame convincingly enough as the national media had predicted. Notre Dame will get more credit for losing a close game on the road

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Uga is a elite recruiting program so the expectation for most outside of the state of ga expect Kirby to dominate teams with lesser talent. However, he is still a young inexperience hc who's trying to get better by doing things his way. As long as he keep winning, nothing else matters and I'm glad they got the win.

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I wish it didn’t matter what the perception is. But it does. That Notre Dame team probably doesn’t even win out. Unfortunately the talking heads of football do have that power and not putting them away when we could have certainly could haunt us. We aren’t a top 4 team and have a long ways to go to get there

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

LSU also just hung 60 plus on the same team we scored 30 on .

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

I’ll say it till it happens. Just wanna be number one after the last game in January

• Options
    DawgDaddyDawgDaddy Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

Herbstreit's job is getting clicks on the internet and stirring the pot on TV, looks like he has succeeded on this one. Just keep winning and everything takes care of itself. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

LSU barely gets by Texas in a game that showed LSU's defensive might is illusory, and everyone goes crazy.....

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does any one else cares what little herbie tweets?

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe that game will slow the hype train back down. The talking heads put out enough "Rat Poison" this past week to kill a Bulldawg! I'm not a huge fan of Herbstreit but he is right, In my opinion Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and LSU look better than Georgia right now.

To much hype about our offensive line. They have the potential to be the best in the Country but as of now, they make way to many penalties and the get beat to often. They are good but not the best.

Give Brian Kelly and staff credit, they must have saw something in their scouting of Georgia that indicated we could not pick up the tight end or slot when they drag across the middle. I don't think I have ever saw a player run free in the pattern like that so many consecutive times. Notre Dame had a heck of a game plan and exposed some of Georgia's weakness. However, we won the game and there should be a whole lot of improvements that can be made when studying this film. The Dawgs needed this challenge to help them get back to work. Murray State and Ark State were good tune ups but maybe mislead the media hype a little to much. The Dawgs are young and very talented and I think down the road we will look back on this game and realize this game was the turning point that refocused the Dawgs and made them dominate the remainder of their schedule.

My top 10 would be:

1- Clemson

2- Alabama

3- Oklahoma- Although their schedule has yet to test them

4- LSU

5- Tie-Georgia

5- Tie- Ohio State

7- Wisconsin

8- Auburn

9- Notre-Dame

10- Tie- Florida

10- Tie- Texas

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Umm we were unable to get by Texas just a few short months earlier

• Options
    FlatsbumFlatsbum Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Fans:

Coach Smart is being far more intelligent and fair than the media opinion spinners who substitute hype for a balanced rationality. There is no reason to respect them or worry that the "influence" they might generate has any value or meaning.

ND would not have even come close if UGA had not been unlucky enough to drop a punt. ND did not cause that. They get no credit for it. Bad luck for UGA. Real score, 23 to 11, the two touch down difference predicted by the gambling pundits. All credit to UGA for beating a strong top ten team!

So, hurray for Georgia and to hell with hostile media who obviously have personal axes to grind and abuse their media status to do it. No credit to them. In fact, just the opposite.

I agree that the final test is yet to come, regardless of what Herbie would have you think.

Flatsbum

• Options
    cduncan29cduncan29 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Tripp I would also add that Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State have yet to be tested......

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Herb needs to go back to the streit he came from - ol' back streit Herb. DawgNation has BA - ESPN (entertainment before sports) has their DA.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was an u-gly win for our young team, a team which might have been drunk on Rat Poison, a win from which we have a chance to learn a huge amount. It's the kind of win we needed and can grow from.

These media types? Who cares.

Yeah, we have a long long way to go and a huge amount of improvement to do, but our win was more significant than Notre Dame's gutsy and hard fought loss. Even remotely implying anything else is simply dishonest.

Was it a good loss for Notre Dame? Maybe it was, but anybody who doesn't understand that an u-gly win trumps a good loss doesn't understand football at all. KH understands football. That means he has an agenda here other than being an honest and disinterested journalist.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree cduncan29, although Clemson has played a solid A&M team. Alabama and OSU has not played anyone yet.