Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirk Herbstreit leaves UGA out of his top 4 again, heavily praises Notre Dame

2»

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Vandy also scored 38, don't recall them doing anything of the sort against Georgia. In the end, it was a 28 point win for LSU against a team that Georgia beat by 24. Wow!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, if we had scored one more TD then the narrative would have been completely different?? The media would have been saying how UGA beat ND convincingly?? Bottom line: we beat a top 10 team who came fired up and played inspired football. They swarmed to the ball and missed very few tackles. We played conservative, missed blocks, and just didn't play our best. And despite all of this, we still won. That shows we are a much better team than the final score indicates.

• Options
    jh30906jh30906 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

Its funny he didn't bring up the fact ND faked injury's 2 times to slow down our hurry up. Yeah, a real classy guy.

• Options
    SouthGeorgiaEagleSouthGeorgiaEagle Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

NO ONE gets to pick the SEC Championship, that belongs to the players and The Dawgs proved to me they want both SEC and National Championships.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great win, and yes we were tested. this was a playoff game and Notre Dame was not going to come on and lay down. Just keep winning and everything will take care of itself.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Herbsteit doing his usual to assist in his agenda of influencing the AP polls, Coaches’ polls, & eventually the playoff committee with his biased opinions. He isn’t the fake news of college football. I’m surprised after his little campaign that Notre Dame didn’t jump us in the polls.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Grateful caneofwar didn't have the job of rallying the troops at halftime with that down in the mouth diatribe. Of course, we all wanted a cleaner game and to cover the point spread, but Georgia faced a lot of adversity. Both starting corners out. Kindley goes down. Still shuffling offensive lineman around due to injuries. I agree that we should have opened up the offense more early, but that adjustment was made in the second half. Penalties killed some additional scoring opportunities. Overall, I was pleased with the defensive effort, keeping Notre Dame out of the end zone, allowing only one long scoring drive. Too many STDs (special teams disasters) very much hurt the cause and need to get cleaned up during the off week. All of that said, we played a worthy opponent yesterday and found a way to win. It's great to be a Georgia Bulldog!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well said, Kasey. Guess you won't be on the list for a Herbie Award this year.

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

I TOTALLY AGREE with @caneofwar' s assessment of this team last night. I haven't been impressed with the offensive play calling. For a minute there, I thought Jim Chaney was in the booth calling plays. Hell, even Kirby done his best Mark Richt impersonation of the conservative decisions at the end. The offense live hasn't proving anything to me. They should be mauling players over. They are doing a disservice to the talented running backs that we have. I am from the area that Jake Fromm grew up in and I am still not impressed with him. As I stated, before, he won the job because he's Kirby's boy. Some of his decision making on the field makes me question his ability to move this offense, as a junior especially. I still remember when Aaron Murray junior year he was lighting teams up. Defensively, McGhee kept getting burned and should have had help. I am still looking for that pressure on defense. I am not even going to start with the punter. That kid needs to either be replaced or coached better. And if I see Blaylock make one more freshmen mistake, I am going to scream. Why he didn't go and fair catch the ball and allowed the ball to roll down for additional yards is beyond me. This kid needs to focus and stop making mental mistakes. There was NO reason for this game to be close, AT ALL. If Kirby continues to coach like this the remaining of the season and not unleash his offensive weapons, we are in a world of hurt down the road, ie. Auburn, Florida and the SEC Championship.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What @caneofwar said, except for the part of about Fromm. If not for him, we do not win last night, or even have a chance to. But the rest of it was spot on. And I, too, bleed Red & Black, but come on, people. Kirby supposedly challenged everyone in the program (assuming he included himself in there) to "Do More" this season. Well so far, I'm just not seeing it (with the notable exception of Rodrigo Blankenship). We're good enough to win the SEC East, but at this point I'm afraid we won't be able to get by either 'Bama or LSU (and Auburn looks iffy at the moment, too). Man, I hope we use this upcoming bye week to just get it together and go play the rest of the year like we deserve to be in the National Championship discussion. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    King4605King4605 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Ole' Herbie still hurting from that bowl loss to GA as "the" Ohio State QB back in 1993. That Citrus Bowl loss, 21-14, had QB and 5th year Senior Herbstreit "not playing well" as his #1 wide receiver Brian Stablein went down and out in the 3rd quarter. The Georgia team was led by QB Eric Zeier, RB Garrison Hearst and WR Andre Hastings. But it was QB Herbstreits gaffe in the 4th quarter that hurt the Buckeyes and contributed to a Bulldog win. On third down, Herbstreit turned after taking the snap and collided with fullback Jeff Cothran while trying to hand off. The ball popped loose, and Georgia defensive lineman Travis Jones jumped on it for a Buckeye turnover. In his own admission, Herbstreit said: ""For some reason I was pressing a little bit. I never could find a groove." This loss in his last college game still brings back bad memories for "commentator" Herbstreit and apparantly he has never gotten over it. Since becoming a talking head one can find it very hard to find any positive comments when it comes to the GA football program by Kirk. It's obvious he is still hurtin' from that loss 26 years ago and can't find anything positive to say about Georgia's win over a #7 ranked ND team except: "great win.....but".

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019

His is just another opinion. Everyone has one of those.

• Options
    DawgfinDawgfin Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Problem is none of y’all know anything about ND that team is better than y’all are giving credit for. They have NFL talent all over that line and in that secondary. Never mind the fact that we lost 2 Starting CB and held that O to 10 points with out the fumble. The online had injuries to both starting tackles and still didn’t give up a sack to those really good DEs ND has. My biggest concern coming out this game is the OC game plan in the first half, and WR needing to fight through the contact and hold on to the ball.

• Options

GA took the starter out mid way into the second when did LSU? Yea that’s what I though.

• Options

We beat Vandy by 24 points and LSU beats they by 28 points playing their starters longer and you are impressed?

• Options
    BanditBandit Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Just win the rest of our games and everything should fall into place. What the team does against UF, UA, MO and A&M, as well as the SEC championship game , will determine UGA's playoff chances.