Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Colin Cowherd

Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know this has nothing to do with UGA football, but recently, Colin Cowherd stated that you can pencil in either Oklahoma or Oklahoma State into the CFP, and that the SEC may not be represented at all!

Just another instance where he was completely wrong, and just running his mouth! For full disclosure, honestly, I can't stand the man and his commentary, so obviously this is jaded, but why the heck does anyone listen to him, or give his opinions any credibility? He's awful!

Comments

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can't stand Cowturd. I wish I could run into him in a dark alley someday.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ole Colin CowTurd

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know anyone that listens to him. He is awful.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CowTurd hates the SEC. Never speaks good of any of the teams. Though to be fair, some of the teams aren't worth talking about.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

well obv he was wrong... since OU lost to IS

• dawgfandawgfan Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

He not only Hates on the SEC, he also despises the Falcons and the Braves. Not sure what happened to him as a child but my guess is he got molested by a GA resident. Im not sure what else could cause the that kind'a burning hate in a mans heart.
    His opinions don't hold any weight w/ anyone I know

@dawgfan said:
    He not only Hates on the SEC, he also despises the Falcons and the Braves. Not sure what happened to him as a child but my guess is he got molested by a GA resident. Im not sure what else could cause the that kind'a burning hate in a mans heart.
    His opinions don't hold any weight w/ anyone I know

I even heard he won't eat peaches, hates peanuts and Ray Charles is a sell-out for singing the song "Georgia."

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard that he did listen to music from the florida-blank line

He really only acknowledges 49 states...

• Diablo_and_DocDiablo_and_Doc Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's a coastal elitist and a sensationalist. Built his listenership by either stroking the ego or enraging the fanbases of top professional franchises or collegiate programs. He always says "if you can't be good, at least be interesting".

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Diablo_and_Doc said:
    He always says "if you can't be good, at least be interesting".

I think this is pretty close to his approach. 10-12 years ago when he was on the rise at ESPN it seemed like he was talking up the SEC, but lately he is trashing them. I used to think he really believed the SEC was better, but I came to the conclusion he was ultimately just a hot-take artist who says whatever will build up his fan base or rile up enough people to make them mad enough to call in. I think a lot of folks are like me - we tuned him out long ago.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

He always says "if you can't be good, at least be interesting".

Well...he has half of that quote covered; can you guess which one I think it is! :smiley:

• JGoodmanJGoodman Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2017

I have a hard time really getting behind the predictions of national guys. Not only do they tend to take a biased approach they try to cover the entire country and call themselves experts. I do not feel it's possible to cover every team in the nation and come away with enough knowledge to make educated and accurate predictions.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jim Rome wannabe.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't stand the guy! How many of us on here could do ALOT better job and make a killing having our own show!? We ALL love UGA and want nothing but the best for the team and school. Look at Pollack. He's a DGD! That doesn't mean he picks us to win each game. @JGoodman you make a great point about these "experts" bud. If you watch their picks on gameday, AT LEAST half of the guys giving predictions are barely above 50-60%. Cowturd for whatever reason hates Georgia. But his opinion means **** #$&@ to me. If I had to guess, he's bitter about wherever the hell he came from and the athletics in that state, and is just a sour midget guy lol. He's not worth the google.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mentioned this in another thread. I’m with you, I can’t stand listening to Cowherd! But, in all fairness, he hasn’t always been this controversial. Many years ago, he was a “decent” entity in the sports world, but has now become Skip Bayless part 2 – “Stir up as much controversy as possible to remain relevant”

• HunkerDownHunkerDown Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Cowherd has been a front running moron his entire career. Haven't listened to him in many years but the guy literally just says stuff for ratings. He has no idea what he's talking about. I remember once when Charlie Weiss was at ND and they were good and he went on for weeks about how Weiss was the most genius coach of alltime then as soon as they came back down to earth he was the first one to roast them.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do remember one factoid I heard from Cowherd many years ago. I can’t prove or deny the validity, but it makes sense. He said that the top NCAAB teams in the country (Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc…) brought in approximately $10M/year in total revenue – and that amount of revenue was reached in just TWO home SEC football games. Not sure what the real numbers are today, but that was quite interesting.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@amjadawgs said:
    I mentioned this in another thread. I’m with you, I can’t stand listening to Cowherd! But, in all fairness, he hasn’t always been this controversial. Many years ago, he was a “decent” entity in the sports world, but has now become Skip Bayless part 2 – “Stir up as much controversy as possible to remain relevant”

Now, Skip Bayless, there's an idiot if ever there was.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best to just ignore this fool! The proof will play out on the field, and I like the Dawgs' chances right now!