Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Perspective

Comments

• LinebackerTwoLinebackerTwo Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank you for sharing. You, your wife and son are in my prayers for comfort and full healing.

• TxDawg412TxDawg412 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

God bless you and your family BoroDawg. Prayers sent for a full and quick recovery for your precious son along with God’s strength and comfort for you and you wife during this stressful time.

• 914Dawg914Dawg Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just saw this @BoroDawg . Wow, wishing you and your family all the best and hope that you and your boy someday soon can enjoy a game together. Love to you and your family from this Dawg family.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Me  @Kasey asked why I downvoted the OP (did I mean to DV and later, why). DV this at will, but don’t mark it as off-topic as it is on topic.

So, why:

1. Perspective A. Don’t need anyone to remind me that in the grand scheme of things UGA football doesn’t matter “At all” as the OP says. This is a diversion, a luxury, an indulgence, and a pleasure. No connect to things that truly matter.

2. Perspective B. This forum is about UGA football (mainly), so don’t need ‘real life’ to take away from it. The true perspective everyone should take is that this forum is to foster an appreciation of UGA football, and UGA sports, generally. OP said he debated posting it. Should have stuck with his doubt.

3. Perspective C. What if everyone used the forum to express their gut-wrenching problems they have in life? What would the forum look like then?

4. Veracity. I exposed a stolen valor nut within my first few months here. Some were wringing their hands over his tale of owe. Not saying that OP is making it up, but no one knows.

5. Freedom to be oneself. Based on the title, I read it. I could have ignored it or pretended the OP didn’t bother me, but having read it, I gave it my true reaction. Had it been titled, “My son is fighting for his life” I probably wouldn’t have read it, but if I did, I might still have DV’d it, if OP linked it to the “perspective” we should take.

6. (Bonus) DV don’t matter. They are useful, as I’ve said before, in allowing members to express to an OP and other readers, that someone doesn’t buy what the OP is selling (without taking the time to express it in a comment – some things aren’t worth a comment) ← been covered before.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife works in the NICU in Orange Park, FL. I know she looks after each child that is in the NICU as if they are her own and her peers do the same as well. There have been numerous times people come up to her in public and hug her and show off a baby and I am told after that she had taken care of their baby in the hospital. It is comforting to know that there are people out there that you can count on when needed. Another thing that can be counted on is during UGA/UF week she wears the red and black!!!

• paulpaulpaulpaul Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

God bless the you and your family BORO . Sending love and prayers your way.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg I am so very sorry to hear this sir. There is really nothing to be said here by me that will be of any significance whatsoever. I can only offer up prayers of healing for your little one, and even more prayers of comfort for your whole family. I will ask the same of those at my church.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg if you need anything, meals, money, just anything that will make this easier, please let us know. I'm sure some of us in Georgia, at least, would be willing to do whatever it takes for your family. At least I am.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My prayers are with you and your family. May you be able to take the youngster home soon .

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure. You: "Today I’m thankful for my family and glad that the Dawgs won a game in front of a national audience vs. a blue blood, playoff caliber football team. And that’s enough for me."

Yeah, I am a horrible person, but I didn't equate my family (incl. sick son) with the UGA team. Nice that you gave UGA the showcase. Good for you. I'm not buying it. In the same alleged circumstances, commenting here wouldn't make the top 15 things of priority for me. But then, I see things in a bad way.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

It's okay to take an L sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.