Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What is the best music streaming service

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Need help deciding. I'm clueless.

Comments

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Depends on what you’re doing with it...

For example, I have a google home and it’s not compatible with Apple Music

so first, consider existing devices.

Next, price points are the same between Apple Music and Spotify.

the difference, Spotify comes with a free Hulu subscription (tv streaming)

music quality: Apple Music wins over Spotify (it’s not noticeable enough to really hear the difference unless you have high end headphones are a snob about sound quality)

user experience: Spotify wins, IMO, because they give you a new playlist almost daily to discover new music in addition to having podcast in one app as opposed to two separate apps

I have both right now (cause I make playlist for my gf) but I love Spotify and think it’s superior for all of the additional things it offers at the same price point

*edited to expound on music quality

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I use (and like) Spotify.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't use a service, but most people I know think Spotify is the best, at least for mobile apps. I know it has a very intuitive and well laid out platform.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Whatever is FREE!!! No one should have to pay for listening to music as it’s streaming, unless that they want their advertisements deleted. I personally use Pandora, and to me it’s just fine. Even with the advertising included, it’s a good service to use as far as I’m concerned

• fitzdawgfitzdawg Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Spotify premium. If you're okay with the free service that's fine but I can't deal with ads and not having full control of my library

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Easily spotify.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Spotify Premium! I've tried them all.

• RichardT77RichardT77 Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

Agreed. Spotify Premium is the way to go

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apple Music or Spotify premium

• bubbadawgbubbadawg Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Spotify premium for my household too!

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have the paid version over the standard music that comes with Amazon Prime and like it a lot. It’s essentially Apple Music but I only pay one place and I don’t have to have a bunch of logins

• sclark10sclark10 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

I pay $9.99 mo for Spotify Premium. We think it has the best sound quality over our home system. Also like their algorithms for suggesting new music. And they let you download. Apple music is also solid if you prefer that platform. Its all a ridiculous value, you can't go wrong.

• Chitown_DawgChitown_Dawg Posts: 448 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Spotify. The playlists are ok but you have access to entire music libraries (almost). Means you can listen to any album or any song from any album. Not free tho.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tex, it looks like Spotify is the consensus choice. As for free vs. subscription, I'd give the former a try first then decide if you want to pay to avoid ads. In my experience that's largely a generational thing. For those of us who grew up with ads it's not a big deal, but for younger folks it really ruins the experience.

If money is no object, it's certainly worth paying the subscription rate, regardless.

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have Apple and I love it 9.99 monthly.

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never considered it generational but maybe you’re on to something.

I absolutely despise the ads interrupting my music.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I’m not as old as Tex and anotherdawg, but I grew up with the radio and ads. Not my fave but easy to ignore on music. Shows and videos they drive me bonkers