Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Conservative Offense

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

our secondary starters in 2017 were Aaron Davis, Deandre Baker, Dom Sanders, and JR Reed

2019 are Tyson Campbell, Eric Stokes, RLC3 and Reed.

stats don't tell the whole story

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

What is your point in this quote? I think our defense is excellent. I thought it was excellent in 2017 and I think it will be excellent this year. My gripe is the conservative nature our offense has shown the last two years...if you don’t see it as that then that’s your opinion. We have too much talent on offense and a 3rd year qb with as much knowledge that he has to put any reigns on the offense this year and what I saw the first half against notre dame will get us beat in the sec championship. You can watch and see how much better our offense is when we go fast and if you can’t see it then yes you are the ultimate troll and you just say stuff to argue about for no reason.

the point I was trying to make (SHOCKED you missed it) is that if our secondary was better we would have a title by now. Our secondary was substandard in 2017 and our front 7 made them look amazing.

If this happened we wouldn’t even be talking about our offense. ITs still a team sport in all three phases of the game.

Room for improvement on offense? Sure.

Am I going to take something out of Tebow’s mouth seriously? No I’m not

The point I’m trying to make (SURPRISED) not to see you see that, we can’t get shutout in the 4th quarter of games like that and expect to win. I want something done about our offense I’m tired of hearing that it’s gonna change and it hasn’t changed one bit.

Have you told Kirby or Coley or are you just whining about it here?

• deplorabledawgdeplorabledawg Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe we can get rid of Kirby and get Tebow to be our coach!

The forum is a place to have discussions. I thought you were smart enough to know that.

" I want something done about our offense I’m tired of hearing that it’s gonna change and it hasn’t changed one bit"

how are we supposed to discuss this? you're coming off like a spoiled baby whining about not getting dessert. and you bringing up Tebow said just backs up your hissy fit which is probably why you started the thread. but we can keep discussing

Okay let’s discuss it

• TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So if Pollack said the same thing would everyone say they don’t care what he has to say?

Never mind it would probably be Pollack is so anti UGA, he never shows UGA any love.

Pollack is a dgd but still has a job to do. Tebow is a gator but still has a job to do. IMO the only analyst that doesn’t even try to be impartial is Kanell. Spears lets his love for LSU to show more than others but is still pretty impartial.

• TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bye weeks what are ya gonna do? At least it’s not about tv shows music or alcohol.

• Cclark91Cclark91 Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2019

Kirby has said his self we need to put the ball in the playmakers hands. I dont care if we are throwing 40 yrd bomb so cager/pickens, little screens to Dom or cook or gashing the defense for 7-8 yrds with DS or Zeus. Whatever puts points on the board and wins games. Going back to 2017 there has been numerous games that could have been a much larger score. I personally love the way our offense works. We average nearly 8 yrds a play. Doesnt take rocket science to know that's a winning recipe.The only thing that hasn't changed is we take our foot of the gas. Plain and simple. We can argue if there was better communication between sanders and Parrish we would have a title but there were other factors in that game that killed momentum and put us in that situation (tyler was onside BTW) facemask to swift, Unsportsmanlike on fromm we can go on and on. If walker doesn't go down in the 4th in atlanta last year or the 15 or so no calls on holding that would have resulted in either a sack on JH or TOL we are back to back SEC champs and playing in the PO. We were up big in both games and we took our foot off their throats. That's my 2 cents, but hey what do I know. That's why I'm sitting on my couch on saturdays and not on the sidelines with a headset on. In kirby we trust. GO DAWGS

• MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

IMO all the talk of the offense is a little over blown. ND is a much better team than I gave them credit for and a lot of others on here as well. Do we need to execute better on offense? Yes. I'm liking Coley more than Chaney. Hopefully he learns from the things that didn't work so well against ND. Also helps that most games we only need to score 13 points to win. We should be talking about this D more bc it is championship level.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What Tebow says does matter. Herbstreit has been dissing us. Now Tebow. Our bias against Tebow is irrelevant. The more these talking heads come out against us, the more likely there will be a cumulative effect against us come lDecember. Remember 2007, when the ESPN team talked the pollsters in to rearranging the order of the polls for the BCS selection?

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It definitely matters if UGA slips up with a loss. It is funny how the LSU win vs Vandy is viewed as more dominant than the UGA win vs Vandy. Now analytically speaking, more tend to say UGA's win was more dominant...Dawgs scored 5 pts to every 1 pt Vandy scored while LSU only scored 1.74 pts to 1 pt for Vandy. But the perception matters if they Dawgs lose a game. At that point, it could be the deciding factor of being in the CFP or New Years 6 bowl.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But against ND we scored 10 points in the 4th quarter, scoring on 2 of the 3 4th quarter drives.

The issues in this game were the first 2 drives. ND did some stuff we hadn't seen this year and it took 2 drives to adjust. After that these were our drives

TD, Punt, FG, FG, TD, FG, Punt... then take a knee.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2017 had a clear weakness (the secondary). The rest was awesome. Bama was able to take advantage of the secondary once Tua came in (so was Oklahoma, but their defense was weak enough we were able to keep score with them).

2018 had a clear weakness... the front 7. The secondary was awesome. We couldn't stop the run or get pressure on the passer. Teams with strong running games (Bama and LSU) gave us problems.

2019... I can't identify a weakness. The Secondary isn't as good as 2018... but it's still very good. The front 7 isn't as good as 2017... but it's still very good. Not having a weak area that offenses can exploit is simply better than being dominant in one area but vulnerable in another.