Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

sounds like they might be silents already

• VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He hath spoken.

I like Zy Walker or Theo to commit next. I wonder if anyone else shares that opinion? I also hope the Evans situation is, and can be salvaged. I am a big believer in second chances. Heck, I might not be alive without one or two. I also understand that Staff has to make decisions and consider rick in the calculus. And in a program like ours, fit may be as important as talent

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a matter of fact, my first take on the situation was that it was bad luck and said so. Bad luck as in turning away other guys to get the big fish and not losing the big fish but having it be taken out of the mix. Doubly bad luck since we missed on Sanders last year also due to unforseen stuff and missed on other guys.

I agreed with going after Evans with the assumption or at least hope, spurred by Jeff and others on here, that there would be good backup plans in place. Now hearing that the backup plan may be a good ways back is quite disappointing to me and I think worrisome to the program in terms of #s and talent level..at the same time QB and other positions are going to be majorly in flux. As I said..this is RBU.

Now that being said, I don't "blame" Georgia or Dell...I'm just saying that IMO a flip is in order. I'm sure they don't need me to tell them that BUT I'd hope the fans could at least see this is an issue and not give me crap for pointing it out or the old "Herrien 3 star" or act like all of a sudden Clayton is equal to Evans. Particularly when there's a whole thread devoted to whether or not we have the right QB committed and people would lose their crap if we suddenly went from Ringo to the 11th ranked CB.

So I guess I got preemptively annoyed at the people who would say it was no big deal and they didn't disappoint. And as I said, I can be an asshole so even though some can talk about the importance of having truly elite guys at every position, if I bring it up I'm entitled. I get it.

edited September 2019

You're probably right..though I'm not sure if I could compete with you when it comes to a condescending tone. 😉

• DawgatronDawgatron Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone else mildly questioning Evans’ size? I know he’s listed at 200lbs on 247 and his photos on that site look the part, but he didn’t look that big on the game film against Katy. He looked like he’d get hurt in the SEC to me.

Any chance Dell traveled all that way to tell him to eat his wheaties? /s

j/k not really, halfway serious question.

Eh, you're right. Probably had something to do with my having cracked my phone screen while watching the Falcons game but regardless I could have stated my opinion in a more diplomatic manner. Cheers and I'm out.

Not posting just because the tide turned with his recruitment. Been wondering about that since they played Katy. I know we already have thunder and were looking for lightning, but lightning has to be able to hold up too, right?

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • IwantburchIwantburch Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which two of Dexter, Burch, or Zy walker would y’all want? Assuming Stack stays in the class. Give me Burch and Walker, but I would BB stack if Dexter wants in

• darklangodarklango Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Guess that rollercoaster ride wasn’t worth the headache huh? 🐸☕️

Im really doubting a commitment until late Fall. Conference schedules heating up and only top recruits are left on the board. Those who we don’t mind waiting for.

But I also fully believe we are getting everybody we want from here on out. RB2 is the only thing in question

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good one. I think it is as likely that Dell made the trip to tell Evans to eat his Wheaties as it is he told Evans UGA would pass on him. On a prime Friday night. In a Bye week. In Texas. Wheaties it is for me. Time will tell.

The only serious part about that was to see if anyone else thought Evans was a tad undersized. Not that Dell went out there to tell him to hit the weight room and eat dew grass. Lol.

This discussion has been closed.