Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They really don't have the luxury of turning him away. They absolutely have to have him.

• Options
    dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

True. But does it effect any others down the stretch? Does it effect his top five outside of us? By extension, does it effect other schools board? It could send a ripple effect for other recruits as well.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly and with all due respect, I don’t really care if you get my “point”. @umooner and I are somewhat simpatico on how we feel about this though he apparently thinks I’m blaming Dell when I said it was bad luck.

I get it, you don’t like my opinion, don’t think I should dare to ever question a coach, and probably think I’m doing a player a disservice by suggesting one isn’t as good as the other. I’m an asshole. Sorry that you feel that way but continually asking for me to explain myself to your satisfaction probably won’t lead anywhere.

My point had already been made more than anyone apparently wanted to read it so I’ll just leave it at that.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Walker next to commit

• Options
    TbullTbull Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

Completely agree @texdawg. Our current depth at RB is far superior. Luckily we do have the luxury to walk away if need be.

• Options

Interesting bolds...since you DID bold where I said it was bad luck AND where SoFL said what I said he did...with the halfassed qualifier. I guess I missed it where I said that I was going to burn all my UGA gear and never speak Clayton’s name if he signs with Georgia. 😉

• Options

Why don't you reread my posts. Just re read them myself. Actually never criticized you.

I haven't accused you of anything. Never ever insinuated that you are an asshole - never would.

I'm just wondering why you are so upset. And seem to be getting more upset.

I just asked what Georgia did wrong.

• Options
    thegreatwhite1thegreatwhite1 Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ Junior

Too many “get off my lawn” dudes with some of these recruits. I get it and I’m cool with that train of thought, but football isn’t a game for choir boys. I hope we recruit Evans until hell freezes over and land him in the end

• Options
    Elsammo466Elsammo466 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There comes a point where a guy's sheer talent outweighs any negative off-the-field issues. I believe that Zachary Evans has crossed that threshold and that we should continue to heavily pursue him.

However, at the same time I trust our staff to do whats right for this team. There's a reason they're in their positions and I'm not.

• Options

As long as they are talented enough it doesn't matter about character?

• Options

You might want to go back and read the last few pages of this thread if you can’t figure that out. Or maybe you enjoy getting **** on by multiple people for giving your opinion?

• Options
This discussion has been closed.