Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Homemade Coookie Day ./ National Black Dog Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited October 2019 in DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone

What's better than a homemade cookie, fresh from the oven with a nice glass of cold milk? Enough said. What is your favorite homemade cookie? What do you like with it?

National Black Dog Day on October 1st encourages the adoption of a dog in the darker shades. Black dogs are less likely to be adopted for no other reason than their coloring. Regardless of behavior, size, breeding, personality, or age, the phenomenon persists.

You’ll find their behavior is no different from dogs of a different color. They fetch, play, and wag their tails just the same. They come in short hair, long-haired and shaggy breeds, too. Do you like a floppy-eared pup? Every ear, tail, bark, and size comes in some beautiful shade of black. Big paws and little paws, too.

Not only do they come in every shape and size, but they all need forever homes. Their temperament ranges just like any other color of a dog. Breeding and previous care affect how they respond.

If you are seeking to add a canine companion to your pack, consider adopting one with an ebony sheen. Their loyalty is no less or more than another dog, but they need a home, too.

Comments

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love my black dawg!

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have had a succession of black dogs for 30 years. Rate them (appearance, temperament, intelligence) as

A++ -> female, but only had 10 months - cancer

A+ -> male and a female

A -> female - would be an A+ but she is stubborn

B - B+ -> others

(We keep 2-3 dogs at times). All rescues except for our stubborn girl - was an adoption based on inability to care for her any more (and likely because she can be stubborn).

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is Dooley, 4 years passed. RIP.

Coincidentally, this is also when they started calling me Stubs.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Petting a black lab while eating a warm chocolate chip cookie...it doesn't get much better than that!

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Choc chip for a cookie and grew up with black labs. Wonderful dogs. Had one chocolate lab who was crazy even after the puppy years. His name was chance... that dog

My last black labs names were sgt pepperdine III called him sarge and his sister was sofie Mae pepperdine. Called her sofie

Miss them

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've had lots of dogs over the years, including plenty of black ones. In my experience, color doesn't mean anything, but mixed breeds from the pound are definitely a safer bet than pure-breeds.

Regardless of breed, color, or size, dogs are God's gift to man, that's for sure.

My favorite homemade cookie is oatmeal raisin. Old lady neighbor taught my mom (in my presence, when I was young) to soak the raisins in orange juice overnight before adding them to the oatmeal cookie dough mix.

Worth a try if you're serious about your homemade cookies!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate